Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Leg Ideas

Options
Kids want some chicken legs tonight.  What is the typical way to do these?  I don't have the hanger for them.  Was thinking indirect with some pecan wood but not sure how long or what temp to do them at.  

Thanks all in advance!
Large BGE

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I like 400 direct raised. Cherry/pecan
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    Hmm, I don't have the ability to direct raise darn!
    Large BGE

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    You can go indirect too. 375-400 dome. Cook until 180. around 45 minutes. Put on sauce the last 10 or 15 minutes to glaze them.
  • Mickey
    Options
    EddieK76 said:
    Hmm, I don't have the ability to direct raise darn!

Saying this in a very nice way; you are so wrong. 3 split fire bricks. 3 or 4 bolts and a weber grate. 3 beer cans.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    3 beer cans or 3 balls of tin foil.

400 raised direct.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • EddieK76
    Options
    When I mean I don't have the ability to do it.  I don't have the abilitiy to do it today :)  And definitely no offense taken at all :)
    Large BGE

• Mickey
    edited March 2013
    Options
    <BLOCKQUOTE class=Quote>
    <DIV class=QuoteAuthor><A href="http://eggheadforum.com/profile/44987/EddieK76">EddieK76</A> said:</DIV>
    <DIV class=QuoteText>When I mean I don't have the ability to do it.  I don't have the abilitiy to do it today :)  And definitely no offense taken at all :)</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>You are telling me you cant drink 3 beers today? =))

• Mickey
    edited March 2013
    Options
    <P>@<A class=Username href="http://eggheadforum.com/profile/44987/EddieK76"><STRONG><FONT color=#00573d size=3>EddieK76</FONT></STRONG></A>   You understand we are pulling your """""LEG"""".................</P>
    <P>i just thought I was tired today..... Salado seems like 20 hours ago.....</P>

• EddieK76
    Options
    Mickey said:
    EddieK76 said:
    When I mean I don't have the ability to do it.  I don't have the abilitiy to do it today :)  And definitely no offense taken at all :)
    You are telling me you cant drink 3 beers today? =))
    Nice....yeah i can but they are only bottles :)  haha :)
    Large BGE