Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

B&B Charcoal - And Now The Rest of the Story...

Options
Some of y'all may remember the B&B Charcoal discussion from a few weeks back.  Cliff's Notes version - I got a bad bag of B&B charcoal, smoke smelled like coal, made burgers taste like coal.  Mixed reviews here on the board.  I sent an e-mail to B&B and they sent me 2 - 20lb bags of charcoal.

Fast forward a few days.  I finally finished up the last bag of RO I had open (worst bag of RO I've had BTW, lots of rocks, mostly little pieces of lump, lots of dust...seems like I've got some bad charcoal mojo going on lately) so I dumped in a load of the B&B to give it another try.  We've cooked on it three times now with great results.  No sparking to speak of, the smoke smells like good hardwood smoke and our food has turned out great.

I can say two things for the B&B charcoal folks...they stand behind their product and have great customer service.  Will be good to have an alternative to RO and once the new Academy Sports is finished here in Newnan hopefully will same me some trips to WallyWorld.

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Sending a "snot-a-gram" is well worth it. It lets you vent and allows a company that cares to make it right. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Good to see that all is well with the charcoal in your world again.

B&B is still my fav for price, size of chunks, availability and consistency.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.