Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork in Navarre Beach, FLA

Options
Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm headed to Navarre with the in-laws this weekend. Gotta love the beach house bonus! :-)[p]anyhow, my contribution for the feast will be pulled pork. My seven pound butt is smoking as we speak. I'm trying something a little different this time, though. I put the butt on the morning at 6 am before heading to the office. We're smoking at 250 - 275 over hickory. Hopefully, we'll be done at a reasonable hour this evening so I can get some sleep. I started to put the butt on last night, but I didn't want to shoot past 200 internal while at the office.[p]I guess I should make some sauce too.[p]Lovin' the BGE.[p]On a side note, the firebox issues certainly have gotten hot around here lately. Knock on wood, I haven't had a problem, but I did have a defective dome replaced, no questions asked, by my local dealer. I've had good luck here in B'ham with Ken at J&J Grills. I'll keep sending him business.[p]Happy Egging.[p]B~F

Comments

• Chief
    Chief Posts: 154
    Options
    Bama Fire,
    So you are coming to my backyard.
    Bring your own water...you know what they about Florida water. Also, don't forget your sunglasses. We have had so much rain lately it has proliferated our stock of bikinis on the beach.
    Enjoy

• Bama Fire
    Options
    Chief,
    Hopefully the weather will play along. I'll be about one mile west of the toll bridge onto Navarre Island. They'll be a few bikini's at our place. ;-)[p]I hope I'll need the glasses, hat and a suncreme.[p]Happy 4th![p]B~F

• Unknown
    Options
    Bama Fire,
    am headed to destin with the family the last 2 weeks of
    july. would appreciate it if you could give me the address
    and phone # of j&j grills. i have a brother outlaw who is
    looking for a grill and i thought a small bge would be a
    good fit for him. love that part of the country as much as my bge. a persojn would have to hunt real hard to get a
    bad meal down there.

• Chief
    Chief Posts: 154
    Options
    randr,[p]You can purchase small egg at Cox Pools on Back Beach Rd in Panama City Beach for $229.

• Bama Fire
    Options
    randr,
    J&J is located in Birmingham, not destin. Sorry about the confusion.

• Unknown
    Options
    Chief,[p]thanks for the info

• Unknown
    Options
    Bama Fire,[p]ditto on the cornfusion there b f. thoought we might stop
    in B'ham on the way down to Destin to do a little
    egg hunting since we drive through it anyway. the closest
    egg dealer around here is 2 to 3 hours away. [p]