Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado Weather - Windy

Here's the latest National Weather Service prediction for Salado:

Today Sunny, with a high near 81. Windy, with a south southwest wind 5 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.

Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 55. South wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Windy, with a south wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.

Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 61. South wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

This could pose a wee bit of a problem for us Kilt Wearers. Those Big Green Egg table-cloth weights may come in real handy.

But on the bright side, the wind will keep it bug free while we do our thing.

So dress accordingly.

And if you're thinking about bringing an EZ-Up tent, you may want to reconsider, or bring anchors.

See you in Salado.

Spring "Fuzzy Feathers Day" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Still think a little wind (less than 30) trumps cold & rain. Yep the EZ ups turn into kites and the kilts turn interesting.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mawger
    Mawger Posts: 40
    On the way to Salado Eggfest! Wish I were going too. Hope y'all have a grand time.
  • spring- I know I told you I was out but I've had a change of heart. (If the truth must be known, Mickey threatened to post some very compromising pictures of me and a brisket from 1986 if I didn't come. Not sure how he found them, or why he was searching for such things for that matter, but to spare my family the indignity of having them posted on the forum, I will attend the fest with head held high). Wish I had a better excuse but I was young and needed the money. Damn internet. 

I'll be bringing a brisket I do tonight and I'll be grilling up some yard bird if I can find an available egg.

See you guys tomorrow. Looking forward to it. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Windy with a chance of Shiner.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    100% chance of Shiner.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Careful man, I've got a car that's flammable with all the mo-flippin' booze I be smugglin'.  We'll be there in 15 min.