Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It has been a crappy day, but at least I have turkey...

Options
...thighs marinated in jerk and done direct on the XL.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    Wow...looks great.  Sorry for the crappy day but pretty good way to end it right!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Saturday will make up for the crappy day!!!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options

Saturday will make up for the crappy day!!!
    You are right, and I got my (you'll see) Eggfest shirts from my daughter the seamstress today!

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Doc, how much lump do you go through a year?? Turkey looks great. That is something I need to cook more of
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Doc_Eggerton
    edited March 2013
    Options

Chubbs said:
    Doc, how much lump do you go through a year?? Turkey looks great. That is something I need to cook more of
    Wild ass guess, about 1,000 pounds. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Doc..are you heading to Salado?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    henapple said:
    Doc..are you heading to Salado?
    Nope, but I will be in Melbourne this Saturday for the Sunshine State Eggfest.  My first!  I am skipping playing the St. Paddy day gig with Just Twistin' Hay for this.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Have fun...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN