Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Longest cook times per egg

Just what it says. Egg size, temp, cook time

LBGE=230=18 hours
SBGE=230=6 hours

XLBGE 

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Xl-250-32 hrs
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Large: about 22 hours, Small, haven't done a low and slow yet.  Just ordered High-Q grates for the whole family.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Large - 250 - 18 hours

Small - 270 - 5 hours

Mini - ??  Have only grilled with it so far.  I just received my mini woo today!!!  Thanks Tom!!

Flint, Michigan
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Small only ran 6 hours? Just ran that long or ran out?
    Boom
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @fanoffanboys
    Little bit of both. Did 230 for 5 hours then wanted toget up to 425 and it would climb. Figure it was clogged. Plenty of lump. So I just moved over to the large and shut it down

XLBGE 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Medium 235 25hrs
  • I haven't gone until the lump ran out before because the food was done.  Something to do this summer with all three Eggs!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I just did 8 pizzas on the small at 500-550° tonight probably 4 hours with light up / grilling the sausage time before the pizza stone and bricks went in. 

My large probably 15 hours or so I haven't done a overnighter, I just a get up early and throw it on for brisket and pork butts. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Having a small rock out 500 for 4 hours sounds amazing!

XLBGE 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited March 2013
    The last pizza came off at 425° and it was going down quick but still tasted great. The stone was also getting pretty hot, I had it on three half-pieces of firebrick raised to clear my woo handles and the small / medium 12" pizza stone. I've had trouble getting it above 450° with the bottom stone so I just used one stone and the bricks. 

This was pizza number 6 I stayed outside so some friends had to figure out how to make their own pies. Not that my amoeba looking ones are any better. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Large 24 hours at 230 low and slow and still had fuel left
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    LBGE 18 hrs @ 250 dome, low and slow, lump was gone all the way to the grate in the middle. Temp still held.

Opelika, Alabama
  • MrCookingNurse
    @solson005
    I also was thinking I might have had trouble getting temp up because I had a 12" pizza pan on te grate. Even with everything wide open would have been minimal clearance around that for air.

Reason I wanted to see what people did was I was curious if larger eggs went longer. Makes sense but lump to area might have some correlation

XLBGE 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    my large will do over 30 hours at 220 dome, at 1200 dome just under 2 hours
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Maybe you should have also included brand of lump charcoal ?
  • MrCookingNurse
    @chromerdon
    Please feel free to post some times and add the lump if you feel the need

XLBGE 
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Large BGE - 26 hours (13 lb brisket) at 225.  Still had lump.  
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223

Large BGE 18 hours pinned @ 225 with a 11 lb Boston Butt.

I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Pix to prove it...
    Butt.png 706.9K
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    XL BGE 20 hours at 250. Still had lump left, but the butts were done.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • blueinatl
    blueinatl Posts: 94
    I'm still relatively new Large owner, but my 2nd cook was a Pork Butt and it was on at about 230 for 12 hours. 
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
  • Large 21 hrs. 225 to 250. 
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    LBGE, mix of WW and BGE lump, 30 pounds pork, 225 dome for 29 hours.
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Large, 225, 18 hours with WW. Still had half the lump left that I used for 2 more cooks and a clean burn after.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    Large... 20 hrs. at 250°... Still had lump left.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    MBGE=250=16hrs
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    something that will increase lump burn times drastically is cooking butts raised direct at a lower temp, first time i tried that i used maybe a third as much lump, bet 60 hours would be possible, thos inderect setups reflect alot of heat down
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • I'm sorry if I don' t a lot post here. I've had my large since last May, and I have done a few cooks on this. I got my large, nest, plate setter, pizza stone and ash tools for 1,150.00 also a free bag of BGE lump. BGE lump. I don't know man must have been a bad bag, I almost took the whole purchase back for a refund. I got on the internet and found this forum, got a lot of useful information thank you. So I brought 2 bags of royal oak knowing that it was made by the same company. What a difference steaks, chicken, hot dogs all short cooks. Yesterday  went to ace  and got a bag weekend warrior, doing meatloaf and sausages rite now. Would like to do a long cook just wanted to what everybody was using for long cooks that's all. Sorry if I offended anyone.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

I'm sorry if I don' t a lot post here. I've had my large since last May, and I have done a few cooks on this. I got my large, nest, plate setter, pizza stone and ash tools for 1,150.00 also a free bag of BGE lump. BGE lump. I don't know man must have been a bad bag, I almost took the whole purchase back for a refund. I got on the internet and found this forum, got a lot of useful information thank you. So I brought 2 bags of royal oak knowing that it was made by the same company. What a difference steaks, chicken, hot dogs all short cooks. Yesterday  went to ace  and got a bag weekend warrior, doing meatloaf and sausages rite now. Would like to do a long cook just wanted to what everybody was using for long cooks that's all. Sorry if I offended anyone.

None taken by any I am sure.

Weekend Warrior seems to be one of the most preferred brands on here. Good luck with the cook.
  • large 24 hrs, small 18 hrs @ 250 dome. large still had lump left and small just about out of lump