Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wok for large

With my birthday just around the corner the wife was asking what I wanted.  Well a large WOK sounds great to me but trying to decide on size.  I know I want the spider from ceramic grill stop.  I seem to recall years ago where VI or someone else noted that an 18" fits in the large but that would be the max.  Any thoughts on 16" or 18" for a large?

Comments

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Ceramic Grill Store sells WOK's as well.  I got one for Xmas but have not used it yet.  I also got a spider but have not used that either since I can not find a small cermaic cast iron grate locally.

Garnerville, NY
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    I use both a 16" and 14" on my large.  IMHO 18" for a large is overkill plus it gets heavy with tooo much food in it.  I have fed 18-20 folks with the 16".  Here are some thoughts to help in the wokking decision.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1146630/wok-question-attention-village-idiot
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I agree with @Richard_Fl 14" or 16" is perfect for the large BGE. 

I just recently got a 12" to use with my small egg and have found that I prefer the wooden "helper handle" over the metal loops. It is just a personal preference nothing wrong with the metal ones. The Wok Shop in San Francisco is a great place to get all your wok needs, they are familiar with the big green egg, and I highly recommend them for service and the wok itself. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.