Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Cooking!

I'm planning on cooking some ribs tomorrow and then chicken wings Sunday night. 
What are you planning for this weekend?
LBGE
Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA

Comments

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Im gonna do up a chicken roast wrapped with bacon tonigh, then tomorrw have some friends coming over , so was thinking some apps. and some steaks. Then sunday I am going to attemp some sort of calzone and see how that goes.
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    8lb brisket flat on at 7:45 this am for dinner tonight, rubbed with DP Cow Lick and using mesquite wood...GO DAWGS!
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I hope to do a brisket again. Or steaks. Depends on the wife. She won't eat anything below well-done due to her pregnancy, so she has been avoiding the latter since she likes them medium. Maybe pizza or calzones.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Doing ribs in a little while. And then maybe some venison steaks.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Boring here but but rib roast Saturday night with a nice roaring fire outside afterwords.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448

Refer to my "Its on" thread in the beef section. Its on. With a new bottle of Makers.

• crunk
    crunk Posts: 94

Just put all this on....Jalapeno cheddar sausage, ABT's, WIngs, and Bacon Wrapped sausage pieces. 2 pork tenderloins to follow..and of course a couple cold beers to make everything complete!

Crunk

food.JPG 138.8K
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387

I am going to do some baby backs this Sat, im pretty pumped because I found a dealer in Alberta for Dizzy Pig, and they have arrived this week. (only 220 miles from me)

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Live In Atlanta And In Virginia Visiting The Family. Doing Some Ribs And Wings On The Medium I Gave Him For Christmas
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • nashbama
    nashbama Posts: 102
    There is a Mexican grocery store in Nashville that is always smoking chicken. Smells amazing when you drive past and they taste even better.

My Father-in-law is picking up a few of those chickens for a get-together this weekend. So being competitive, I'm going to smoke my own and make my Alabama white BBQ sauce and compare it.. Hopefully, my smoked chicken will be better. We'll see.
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Doing Peppered Stout Beef again this weekend. We did it last weekend and wife who is not a big fan of beef except in the form of a hamburger asked if we could do that again because it was soo good. Can't complain with that. Here is her text she sent me earlier, I died laughing (she hasn't had a beer in months due to being pregnant with our son who was born 6 weeks ago).

"Do you want me to pick up the Quilter's Irish Death beer again or if they have Kona Pipeline Porter can I get that instead?" (Wife)

"That is fine if you want Kona, you just want a beer don't you." (Me)

"So." (Wife)

Forgot how much I miss just hanging out with the wife and drinking a beer.

We also will have a roaring fire going here tomorrow night in the fire pit. Heck it's supposed to hit 53 degrees and no rain, in the NW we call than almost summer weather!!!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Gonna either do bacon wrapped, stuffed chicken breasts or try my hand at a pizza or two.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Agreed Fletcher.  It's gonna be in the mid to high 50's tomorrow.  Gonna enjoy some outdoor time, get the firepit and egg going and have a few adult beverages.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• I am still debating. Kroger had strip steak loin on sale for $4.99 a pound. I thought about getting a loin and seeing how it turns out. I may do that on the way home still.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    No idea yet... But most of these sound great!
  • hapster
    That peppered stout beef sounds pretty promising.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Just picked up a couple of pounds of wings and a rack of baby backs and a rack of St Luis style ribs. Now I need a beer, think a SweetWater Georgia Brown is lookin Good
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Just picked up a 10 lbs brisket, put it on Saturday afternoon and cook thru to sunday. I hope it turns out. We shall see.
  • Doing Peppered Stout Beef again this weekend. We did it last weekend and wife who is not a big fan of beef except in the form of a hamburger asked if we could do that again because it was soo good. Can't complain with that. Here is her text she sent me earlier, I died laughing (she hasn't had a beer in months due to being pregnant with our son who was born 6 weeks ago).

"Do you want me to pick up the Quilter's Irish Death beer again or if they have Kona Pipeline Porter can I get that instead?" (Wife)

"That is fine if you want Kona, you just want a beer don't you." (Me)

"So." (Wife)

Forgot how much I miss just hanging out with the wife and drinking a beer.

We also will have a roaring fire going here tomorrow night in the fire pit. Heck it's supposed to hit 53 degrees and no rain, in the NW we call than almost summer weather!!!
    Almost? Ha ha its summer heat, shorts time.  :D
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Got ribs, wings, sausage, and bacon cheese hash browns for man meal tomorrow night! Got some coworkers coming over. Man I wish there was a football game on

XLBGE 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    No cooks planned right now (!)  But, will be attending the Home Show at the Southtowne Expo center in Salt Lake City tomorrow.  I will be tearing out my rotting, collapsing deck this early spring, trimming back the Reisling grapevines, and having a new PVC deck/vinyl Pergola/stone island with waterfall/gas fire professionally installed, then wheel out a new redwood/granite Egg table and some lounge chairs.
    I can hardly wait!  
    \:D/

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Bachelor weekend !!! ribs Saturday , thinking a big ass T bone Sunday with a Baked Potato
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    big 3 pound pork tenderloin - made pork brine from "charcuterie" with juniper berries today and going in bring tmrw morning for couple hrs.  This is a repeat tenderloin sandwich that was a hit last time, here is a shot of it!

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    I want to try pin wheel steaks this weekend. I need to research this. Few recent posts have me very curious.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Tried the Garfunkel Chicken tonight, thumbs up from the family!
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @ndg that looks and sounds amazing!
    =P~

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• hapster
    Went to store earlier and picked up
    9.5 pounds of chuck for Pepper Stout Beef... Doing it tomorrow
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Got at 9lb butt in the fridge. Planning a marathon smoke tomorrow.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to check out a new US Foods Chef Store that just opened last week. It is the 2nd in the country and is open to the public, but is truly intended for caterers or restaurants that need things before the next truck comes. Could be a awesome place! But I may just do another recipe from Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge.  I made the Trinidadian Shrimp Stir-fry with Rum the other day and it might have been the best stir-fry i've had, let alone made! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    @hapster, you won't regret it. Seriously good.