Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So $399 for mini is pre-price increase?

Just curious if anyone could chime in, thinking about making my final Egg purchase (for this year anyway) tomorrow. 
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    It's different dealer to dealer but that's pretty much spot on. When I bought my small two weeks ago a mini was 399 here.

XLBGE 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    $399 last April.... if this thing has an increase thats just crazy.
    Seattle, WA
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    I'm really not crazy about dropping 399 on it but I really want the flexibility of having a mini. So, if I don't get it now, I probably won't.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited March 2013
    Don't forget the other $70-$100 in accessories.... woo, stones...
    We are in different places, I need to come up with $1k for the large. Gulp...
    Seattle, WA
  • Scottborasjr
    Oh yeah, I know probably spend 200 because if I'm not mistaken 399 doesn't include the nest any more.  So probably going to be putting about 650 into it after sales tax/delivery charges.  Yikes!!
  • MrCookingNurse
    That is insane for a mini.

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Well I've got about 600 in my small.

XLBGE 
  • Scottborasjr
    Yeah, it's nuts, but I really think whatever portability that I would have with the small, I can do with the medium I already have. The mini would make it easier on the wife if we take it somewhere and I get a little belligerent.
    ;)
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Come on down (up?) to Georgia in May. Dealer will sell you a brand new mini in the box with the new-style nest for less than that. Plus, you get a free ticket to the fest!
  • Scottborasjr
    That would be great @egret but the family vacation has already been planned to the Ozarks this summer, cabin already rented etc.. I actually lived in Augusta for a few years as a boy but am in Nebraska now.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120

I just bought a small on Friday.  My dealer said prices were due to go up that day - and then she matched the N GA Eggfest demo price.  However, to paraphrase a previous poster...It ain't the egg itself, it's the accessories.  And then there's the tax.

Signal Mountain, TN
  • rustypotts
    rustypotts Posts: 265
    Yeah you will want the woo.....a couple of 8.5 inch baking stones...AND......a High-Que grate.  Life aint cheap........BUT IT IS FUN!
  • Scottborasjr
    @rustypotts AMEN TO THAT!!!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    At Salado EggFest the mini is $399 with the nest.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Scottborasjr
    @Mickey, if I could make it down to Texas and back for less then the price difference I'd be all over it.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    You don't need the high que for the mini it gets plenty hot with the stock grate.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2013
    Lit said:

You don't need the high que for the mini it gets plenty hot with the stock grate.

IMO it is needed and works better with the High Que.it will get hot, but with it so much faster. just my opinion. Same with the Small.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lit
    I have the high que for my small but the mini for me gets well over 700 easy with the stock grate. May be egg specific as others say their small gets to 700 plus with the stock grate and my small will never hit 700 even after I clean it and put all fresh lump.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I believe the mini was $399 when I picked up my small a few weeks ago. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Lit
    When I went to Orlando last thanksgiving the store inwent to had a mini for $289. Wish I would have picked another one up. $399 is crazy. I got my first mini for $100 off CL and used that for awhile then found a newer mini for $140 and sold a friend my other mini for $100. $399 I would have a hard time getting a mini.
  • Lit
    You can find crazy deals if you wait. There's a medium with nest and mates on Atlanta Craigslist for $195 right now.
  • Scottborasjr
    edited March 2013
    @Lit Yeah, I could wait for a moron to put a Egg on craig's list but if the person is so stupid that they can't figure out the Egg, I don't think I want their second hand stuff. Just me being a snob I guess. I know there are some legitimate people selling Egg's but they are few and far between.
    :-h
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Lit said:
    You can find crazy deals if you wait. There's a medium with nest and mates on Atlanta Craigslist for $195 right now.

Where? I can't find it!!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Scottborasjr
    edited March 2013
    RLeeper said:
    Lit said:

Where? I can't find it!!
    Because It sold pretty quick I'm sure.
  • MrCookingNurse

RLeeper said:

Lit said:

Where? I can't find it!!

Because It sold pretty quick I'm sure.

Or was spam

XLBGE 
  • Lit
    It was posted at 5:15 yesterday and was gone when I checked after this post. I emailed the guy not long after it was posted but no response. The best deal i ever saw was a large for $75. I talked to the seller but someone had just picked it up. I found a friend a large with table for $250 which was pretty good. The deals like that go fast usually. When I found the mini for $100 the guy called me 3 days after I emailed him.
  • rustypotts
    rustypotts Posts: 265
    Lit said:
    Mine didnt......the High-Que made a big difference.  I'm certainly not doubting your experience.  Maybe mine is different or something.  It is a few years old.  Maybe the newer ones get more air.  I was able to get mine pretty hot before the High-Que but now it gets there faster.  I use it for a lot of quick cooks.  One  could get by without the woo if the grid was raised and indirect was not a consideration.  For me the additional toys were well worth it.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,667
    i paid a hundred dollars more for my large ten years ago and it came with free shipping from tennessee to massachusetts, yeah 399 for a mini is a bit much
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • mteele
    mteele Posts: 48
    I had a dealer in TX quote me $418 shipped for a mini with a nest. I wanted once...but $418 buys a lot of charcoal, so I am sticking with my large for now. Maybe sometime in the future. I'd rather spend the money on a sous vide setup instead right now.
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    the mini r 500$ here in canada!