Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Myron Mixon's Cup Cake Chicken Thighs

I decided to try this recepe from Myron Mixon. Requires a cupcake pan with some holes drilled in the bottom, and another cake pan that the cupcake pan will fit into. Idea is to cook the thighs while basting them in chicken broth and then finish them on the grill. I had two problems, one, the chicken thighs were oversized and two, i had brined the chicken and the combination of brine and broth made the chicken slightly salty. Next time, no brine.

After cutting all the excess fat and skin off the thighs, i seasoned with Lawry's Poultry Seasoning, then placed a thigh in each cupcake hole, placed the cupcake pan inside the cake pan and poured one can of chicken broth into the cake pan. Cooked indirect at gasket level at 330 degrees until the thigh's internal temperature reached 150 degrees. Removed the thighs from the cupcake pan and placed them directly on the same grill while raising the cooking temperature to 375  until an internal temperature of 180 degrees was reached. Meat was "fall off the bone tender" and very good tasting, but slightly salty. The chicken broth bubbles up and foams over the thighs in the cup cake holders, then back in the cake pan. Will try this again!!

Comments