Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gasser Question

I have a Coleman LXX tailgate grill that I won at a Christmas party. What I want to know is if they make an adapter hose that I can hook up to a normal size propane tank instead of using the little coleman bottle of gas with the short hose they give you? Thanks.

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2013
    Funny you mention this today, I cleaned out my garage and uncovered a dusty road trip grill I used to use for tailgating and camping. Yes you can get a adaptor hose to use the big tanks. I think I gave mine to someone, but if I find it today on part two of clean the garage I'll send it to you. I was going to clean up the grill and ask friends or family if they need one or make a ad to get it to someone who will use it. Now that I have a small egg it will not be used even though I have many good memories slinging food out at tailgate parties.  

I like using the griddle on it and see that they now have a full-size griddle insert. Maybe I'll keep it now haha. I won't take a big tank camping so if I find it I will still give it away.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    I would appreciate that, but if you dont find it, thanks for the link. I have two propane bottles at home not being used. Yep, the one that I have has the griddles in it. I told my girls I would let them cook on it.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    I use the regular tank with one of these all the time.  Coleman is a good brand
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    No luck on finding the hose adapter for the big tank. I must have given it away before I started traveling years ago.. Sorry.j 

That will be a great way to teach your girls. This was the cheapest I found the Adapter from a quick search. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Solson005 said:
    No luck on finding the hose adapter for the big tank. I must have given it away before I started traveling years ago.. Sorry.j 

That will be a great way to teach your girls. This was the cheapest I found the Adapter from a quick search. 
    Will do man, thanks for looking.