Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon pimento cheeseburgers

Hashmaker
Hashmaker Posts: 149
Cooked some burgers today. Did the burgers raised indirect. I decided to use Sedgefields pimento cheese instead of regular cheese.

Comments

• Love pimento cheese on a burger!  Looks great!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• Looks great, I'm a pimento cheese freak! Add bacon wow thats a winner
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Yep to all of the above plus grilled onions on buttered bread then fried or grilled like a patty melt. It's all good. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Mmmmm...that looks awesome. I've been wanting to try one of those awhile. love burgers, love pimento cheese, how could they not be good together?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Griffin said:
    Mmmmm...that looks awesome. I've been wanting to try one of those awhile. love burgers, love pimento cheese, how could they not be good together?

Well Griffen, you should come to Columbia, SC and @ Dyal_SC and I will show you some pimento cheese burgers. :-c
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Hashmaker
    Hashmaker Posts: 149
    edited February 2013
    @Griffin, as a follower of your blog, I'd like to see your take on the pimento cheese burger.
  • Griffin
    I'll just steal your picture and say i cooked it. How can i improve on that?  ;)

I will say that i have been intrigued by that burger since the first time i saw one on tv. never seen one in person or on a menu.

Rowlett, Texas

• Chubbs
    edited February 2013
    http://gardenandgun.com/blog/proper-pimento-burger Check this out Griffin. 4 days ago in Garden and Gun.
  • That looks superb!  We did a pimento cheese jucy lucy style burger and loved it. 
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Looks good.  Talking about kicking it another notch would be to have two slices of Texas Toast as the bun.  (not taking any away from what you did Hash; Inspirational!)
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited February 2013
    That looks great! 
    500 said:
    Looks good.  Talking about kicking it another notch would be to have two slices of Texas Toast as the bun.  (not taking any away from what you did Hash; Inspirational!)
    If you really want to go full throttle, then use texas toast to make two grilled cheese' sandwhiches and use those for the buns!  Oh...and add a fried egg or two. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Chubbs

That looks great! 

500 said:

If you really want to go full throttle, then use texas toast to make two grilled cheese' sandwhiches and use those for the buns!  Oh...and add a fried egg or two. 

Might do this tomorrow night....

• Another cheese and beef combo added to the bucket list, thanks! Nice burger. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Couple places in Columbis make a great pimento cheeseburger. I like mine with pickled jalapeño on top
    Boom
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    I love a good pimento cheese burger. For those of you in SC, try the "Palmetto Cheese"...a lady in Pawleys Island makes it. It's incredible. I like the one with diced jalapeños. You can get it from Publix and other grocery chains.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Or use two Krispy Kreme doughnuts as the bun- just have your cardiologist on call
    Greensboro, NC
  • Hashmaker said:
    Cooked some burgers today. Did the burgers raised indirect. I decided to use Sedgefields pimento cheese instead of regular cheese.

Man oh man. Yum
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • SmokeyPitt
    Dyal_SC said:
    I love a good pimento cheese burger. For those of you in SC, try the "Palmetto Cheese"...a lady in Pawleys Island makes it. It's incredible. I like the one with diced jalapeños. You can get it from Publix and other grocery chains.

Publix and Costco carry it here in GA and I agree it is incredible.

I used some left over pulled pork with some Palmetto and added some pickled jalepeno on a grilled potato bun for my dinner on Sunday and man oh man did it cap off the weekend nicely!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    Chubbs said:
    That looks great! 
    500 said:

Might do this tomorrow night....

I want to see some pics!  I am planning to do some version of this.  My wife and I tried the "double bypass" at the Vortex in Atlanta on Friday.  That is where I got the idea.  It was off the chain. 

500 Posts: 3,177
    edited March 2013
    That looks great! 
    500 said:

So what is it now? Two grilled cheese Texas Toast sandwiches as buns, burger, bacon, pimento cheese, fried egg, onion rings, pulled pork, BBQ sauce, and deep fried pickles. Did I miss anything?
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Griffin
    @500 you forgot fried green tomatoes. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

• Chubbs
    @Griffin. Made stuffed turkey burgers tonight. Stuffed with provolone and topped with sautéed onions and zucchini. Got to try it!