Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New small green egg w/ nest $200

Options
2»

Comments

• Preflopit
    Options
    If this is real, then they have to be stolen which means the authorities will most likely get involved
  • Cruezn
    Cruezn Posts: 317
    Options
    I'm currently in a fight with PayPal, trying to get my money back as a seller, and am less than satisfied to say the least. PayPal's buyer and seller protection clauses are junk.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    I know this is old. But how did it turn out for y'all? I would have boight one with no hopes of ever seeing it. PayPal has always came through for me and its only 200$. (Not to throw away but a sweet deal and almost 90% chance of Having the money refunded if its scam)

Very curious as to how this went down

XLBGE 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I am in market for mini it small. Mini is a good fit for now but small in a few years. I can get a small for 500. I would buy 5 for 200!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @chubbs  Ha you it'd be quiet the steal!!! There are two threads about this particular sale and neither one of them show any results.....

You havnt bought a mini yet? sitll debating? I've got a small awaiting pickup, but am interested to see a mini in person.  I'm thinking the small now and later down the road add an XL when we have a permanent home and maybe a mini for taking on flying trips if the small wont fit in the air plane

XLBGE 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    No egg ever showed up PayPal refunded the money.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    thanks @lit
    no surprise there but was worth a try in my book!

XLBGE 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    It was crazy eBay actually gave me the sellers number and I spoke to her several times. She maintained the story that they were on their way but no one ever got one.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited February 2013
    Options
    that is pretty wild.... I've contacted a few people on some craigslist vehicle scams, its always the same story, someone died, have truck just want it gone, its in a crate wire the money and ill ship it 30 day money back guarantee.... ha yeah right!!

glad to know paypal did you right

XLBGE 
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    that is pretty wild.... I've contacted a few people on some craigslist vehicle scams, its always the same story, someone died, have truck just want it gone, its in a crate wire the money and ill ship it 30 day money back guarantee.... ha yeah right!!

glad to know paypal did you right
    I see the same thing on Craigslist concerning 4 wheelers. The deal is always so tempting, but it is a scam.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited February 2013
    Options
    @chubbs  Ha you it'd be quiet the steal!!! There are two threads about this particular sale and neither one of them show any results.....

You havnt bought a mini yet? sitll debating? I've got a small awaiting pickup, but am interested to see a mini in person.  I'm thinking the small now and later down the road add an XL when we have a permanent home and maybe a mini for taking on flying trips if the small wont fit in the air plane
    This is why i love this forum - a constant source of inspiration. Am plotting to get a small to travel with, but your mini-on-the-plane idea has potential!

For my own edification, how do you plan to do this?. i think I saw somewhere that the mini weighs about 45lbs. I think the max weight for a single piece of checked luggage is 50lbs. Will you be taking it as a carryon? I would be worried about baggage handlers breaking a mini in checked luggage. I guess taking it as a carryon would make the most sense?

If this is feasible, then SWMBO won't be happy when she hears about what i want now...

[sorry - back on topic now].

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    @MrCookingNurse, nope not yet. My dealer is giving me 20% whichever one I want. They only have old ones in right now and likely wont have new ones until April. Trying to decide what to do. A mini is really small in person, but think it would be great for wife and I right now. We have a 7 month old son so in a few years the small would be better. May just go ahead and get the small and then build a table for small and large
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @caliking
    i guess i should have clarified, I ment when i fly my dad's plane, not commercial! I would die if I saw someone carrying the mini on a plane!!! I was gonna just strap it in the back seat. 

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited February 2013
    Options
    @chubbs

I made a table for my large and made it big enough and have everything set up for a small on the other side just have to cut the hole.  only problem is i dont think i will have the work space i want.  it all added up on the sketch.  might snag a small and a nest, nest would be nice when camping, or get a carten or make something else, still might place the small in the table with the large but not sure yet. 

we are a family of 3, baby is 1 year old as of last week and started eating egg'd food last month. I just cant see cooking on the mini when im home very much. Im strong enough and capable of traveling with my large so a small is what im set on.

XLBGE 
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    this type of scam rolled through ebay last year about this time.....great price on the small but none never delivered........

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @MrCookingNurse: I see. You got my hopes up there for a minute. Glad I didn't try to be the guy who try to get on a commercial flight with a mini tucked under my arm - might have some explaining to do to the TSA :)

Re: your setup - what about just buying the nest and rolling it next to the table when needed? You will still have your work space as well as have a mobile egg for camping etc like you mentioned.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @caliking
    Yea that's what I'm leaning towards is egg and nest. Or cut the hole and have a large tile to cover it when egg is out and have work surface

The rule of thumb for Cary on mini is great grandmaws ashes are in it and ya a burial urn. Right @mickey

XLBGE 
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

It would be very interesting to hear how this works out.  Please stay in touch here on the forum.  I sure do wish every one good luck!

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon