Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crazy Butt

Last night at 8pm i tossed a butt on for a over night cook . Woke up at 6am and the temp was at 191 two and a half hours later it was at 197 internal now its dropped back to 193 internal, cooking grid temp holding steady at 265  . Seems they really do have a mind of their own . Never had a backwards stall before .

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• That's high for a stall but temp can definitely drop in the stall.

I'd foil it and push to 205. Only if its not tender now. 197 could be close

XLBGE 
  • Your temperature probe may be close to the bone??  Slight movement will change the reading drastically...
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    That's high for a stall but temp can definitely drop in the stall. I'd foil it and push to 205. Only if its not tender now. 197 could be close
    thats what i was thinking but really in no hurry and am curious as to how long it will take now so i think i'll just let it play out a bit longer 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Your temperature probe may be close to the bone??  Slight movement will change the reading drastically...
    checked and its pretty far away from the bone , thanks for the idea