Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerky/Sausage rack

Options
clweed
clweed Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw a drawing for a jerky/sausage rack either on the forum or a link from here. Does anyone recall where that is located, I can't seem to find it.[p]Thanks,[p]Lee

Comments

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    clweed,[p]Quite a while ago i did this, heres a link to Wess's web site. If you build it, I wouldn't bother doing the top portion. Just the lower half holds a LOT of jerky.[p]Hold of until tonight I have something else in the works that is a LOT more versatile and I'll post a pic.[p]
    [ul][li]Wess B's Site[/ul]
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    2005_0110Image0006.jpg
    <p />clweed,
    for jerkey, this is fairly simple, just a raised grill on firebriks holds a lot of jerkey, and some perforated steel for the salmon jerkey

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • clweed
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]Thanks for the pic, that will work just fine for making smoked sausage[p]Lee
  • clweed
    Options
    eggor,[p]Thanks, that's the one I was looking for.[p]I'm looking forward to seeing the pic of what you have came up with.[p]Lee
  • clweed,
    One other suggestion... Use round pizza screens and stack them.
    You can preload them with meat and use small spacers to separate them.
    You will get a lot of capacity and they are not expensive.[p][p]