Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mickey, or whoever else has the AR.....

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Matt send us a post of what you decide
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Mickey said:
    Matt send us a post of what you decide

WIll do it, Mickey. FYI, my local egg dealer at Ace is willing to give me 20% off a mini when I pull the trigger. This will be $326.40, but it has the old handle. Aside from the handle, did they make any other changes that I should consider? If I get the old handle, he has two in stock. If I want the new one, he said next shipment probably would not be until April or May. He has to have greater than $6000 in merchandice per shipment. Good price?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    edited February 2013

@ Chubbs    You will want a Mini Woo so be sure the Mini being sold has 10-inch diameter grid. Also you are so much better off if it has double henges not the single one. One more item. The nest (if you are getting one) is it the "ring" or new style nest.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Mickey said:

@ Chubbs    You will want a Mini Woo so be sure the Mini being sold has 10-inch diameter grid. Also you are so much better off if it has double henges not the single one. One more item. The nest (if you are getting one) is it the "ring" or new style nest.

I will check that out Mickey. It was not in a nest, rather a wooden cabinet I could buy for $120. I just want the nest.
  • Mickey

Chubbs   If you want a nest do not buy the ring, get the new style or don't get one.

You can also put the money in a silver box you see posted around.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    CGW1 said:
    the upper tier could be lowered if need be
    Is the standard swing rack adjustable? or is it adjustable only if you purchase the additional shaft kit? 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    The system is adjustable right out of the box.  The shaft kit is for allowing even more adjustments when setting up for indirect.  Checkout the videos for further explanation.

http://ceramicgrillworks.com/videos/
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    at Caliking,

One of my pet peeves is having to store stuff.  The rig components are designed to store in the egg when not in use.  It all stores in the egg. 

Also, but not shown, the spider and related accessories (wok, 13 ci grid) can hang from the fire ring.  Only time you need to worry about our stuff is when you're not using it during a cook.....

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Mickey
    @tjv Tom after several years I never thought of storing in Egg.
    Cool

• Chubbs
    Mickey said:

Chubbs   If you want a nest do not buy the ring, get the new style or don't get one.

Good to know, sir. When did the two hinge models come out. This one had the old gasket, old handle, but I think two hinges.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Chubbs, sorry late, I have AR with extender and oval stone.
  • Mickey
    Chubbs said:

Mickey said:

Good to know, sir. When did the two hinge models come out. This one had the old gasket, old handle, but I think two hinges.

By old are you talking floppy

• Chubbs
    By floppy you mean the old floppy handle or is this an inside joke about age?! :-t
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    thanks to all for the support and pictures on the rig, always nice to see and hear.

tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Mickey
    Chubbs said:
    By floppy you mean the old floppy handle or is this an inside joke about age?! :-t
    The old ones had a "floppy handle" then static handle and one hinge and next static handle and 2 hinges.

• tjv said:
    thanks to all for the support and pictures on the rig, always nice to see and hear.

tom

Had mine a couple of weeks now and wondering what I ever did without it.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Any questions?
    Why didn't you make that one post?
    :O)

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Mickey said:

Chubbs said:

The old ones had a "floppy handle" then static handle and one hinge and next static handle and 2 hinges.

Kinda off topic but my dealer has a floppy handle one for 260 I've been eyeing is the savings enough to grab it or should I pony up the extra cash for a newer design
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    U_tarded said:
    Chubbs said:
    Kinda off topic but my dealer has a floppy handle one for 260 I've been eyeing is the savings enough to grab it or should I pony up the extra cash for a newer design
    If you don't want it, I'll take it in Houston!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    U_tarded said:
    Chubbs said:
    First I  would call  the Mother Ship and see if they would give you (you would just pay shipping) the new style handle and hinge system. Can't hurt to ask.

• Chubbs
    @tjv, thanks for talking to me today. I appreciate the reccommendation. I will be placing an order for the R&B Combo shortly. If not on the first order, the rig extender will be added soon thereafter.
  • Mickey
    Chubbs said:
    @tjv, thanks for talking to me today. I appreciate the reccommendation. I will be placing an order for the R&B Combo shortly. If not on the first order, the rig extender will be added soon thereafter.
    Matt order the extender with the org order. The freight is a lot for just the extender later on. (((INO)))

• Chubbs
    Mickey said:

Chubbs said:

Matt order the extender with the org order. The freight is a lot for just the extender later on. (((INO)))

10:4. Will do it. I guess that does make sense.
    :-B
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Mickey said:

U_tarded said:

Mickey said:

Chubbs said:

First I  would call  the Mother Ship and see if they would give you (you would just pay shipping) the new style handle and hinge system. Can't hurt to ask.

Thanks Mickey! Will do I appreciate it!
  • In the first pic posted on this thread...is that top tier grid the grid extender made by BGE? I bought one of those a while back and was disappointed with how flimsy it was. The grid in this pic looks more sturdy.
  • Chubbs
    edited February 2013
    The first pic on the thread posted by @Griffin is the BGE grill extender. It is a pain to deal with. The second set of pics posted by Mickey are the grid extender on top if the adjustable rig from ceramicgrillstore.com
  • Mickey
    edited February 2013
      Royal Coachmen just like Chubbs was pointing out,  Griffin can make ANYTHING look good ^:)^

• Tom, I was looking to duplicate last years order of oval combo , rig extender with oval grid, slide guide . You used to offer discounts on the extender with oval grid and slide guide when you added them to the r&b combo. The only thing I saw on website was extender and dgrid with a discount not the oval. Without these it will cost me over 20% more to duplicate it . I love the product but without these extra little discounts on the extra add ons its a little too much.
  • I would suggest contacting Tom directly if you need to discuss pricing. Pretty sure the forum isn't the place for that.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Mickey
    @ cherokeer  If the product was not what you expected or was not of the quality you expected that is what is good post here. But not if you can get the seller to discount to you by posting on the forum.