Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Starting Over...

I guess @Eggzilla_Jr doesn't have the power to restore my posts... Not super confident that Tweev or whatever is name is going to be won't be back before too long.

I have been in contact with a few others off the forum and they are staying away due to all of the Tweev BS. A real shame that BGE cannot devote a little more resources to what is obviously a source of information and ongoing testimonials to their products. I know I spent a few hours on here last April before I purchased my Large.

Really pissed about all of the time and effort that was so easily blown away; and the lack of response as to whether or not my posts can be restored. I am by no means an egging authority; and have learned far more on here than I have taught, but I liked having my old posts as a reference and a place to find all of the tips and suggestions that were offered at the time.

That being said...

There is a large snow storm coming tomorrow... while not in the heavy snow zone (we are supposed to get 4-8), with the wind etc it should still be pretty entertaining. I ran up to Shady Maple tonight and picked up a 12# packer that I am planning on doing overnight tomorrow while the storm is at it's peak. Probably going to go with a modified Travis cook; little in, little out, and I'm going to inject the flat with some beef broth...

Will still post pics via the phone; but until there is some changes in the forum's security I'll save the effort of post work on images from my camera gear.

Enjoy the weekend and be safe if you are in the storm's path...

H

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Glad to see you @hapster. Always love your posts. Looks forward to seeing the cook
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Max232
    Max232 Posts: 76
    Welcome back

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

• Welcome to the forum man!

Ha jk.... Glad your staying around. It's pretty said BGE can't get the forum a little more juiced up. Can't wait to see some more cooking!

XLBGE 
  • Glad to have you back Hapster, you have had some of the more informational and entertaining posts since I got back on the forum about a 2 months ago.  Welcome back and sorry that so much good information is apparently lost.  BGE needs to get this problem in check.  Good luck on the cook and stay safe during said storm.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Welcome back, Hap. Always enjoy your Woodford fueled comments.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,616
    Glad to see your back Hap , stay safe.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Good to see you hanging in, we are in the same boat weather wise but I am only planning to cook chicken legs tomorrow evening.

Gerhard
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Ok. I'm lost! What happened Hap and where did all your posts go?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Who have you talked to that are staying away? I've been missing seeing some Texan and Canadian folks.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    cazzy said:

Ok. I'm lost! What happened Hap and where did all your posts go?

ayayron/mangrates seemed to have caused mischief after apparently attaining administrator privileges. Hapster had his account banned and everything deleted. Then he was restored.
  • Oops, killed a bottle of Jameson and sparked my best Cuban to remember and honour the "demise" of a valued forum member.... How will I explain your return to SWMBO?

Welcome back! 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Welcome Back Hap!!
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Welcome back Hap!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Good to see you're back...sorry you had to go through the BS.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Who are you??? 
    Who am I? 

:) welcome back

quite the post to read on my first trip back?
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • cazzy
    man that really sucks!  This isn't the 1st time Tweev has obtained Admin privileges or hijacked someones account. 

I find it hard to believe that these clowns running this site can't shut him out.  That's why boards with active moderators are so much more effective.  I've had about as much Vanilla as I can handle. 
  • Hey Hap glad you are back, to bad about all the posts being deleted. I understand want you are saying about old post being a reference. I have enjoyed your posts and sense of humour. I feel you have stepped in and helped fill some of the gaps (people leaving or being banned). 

Will still post pics via the phone; but until there is some changes in the forum's security I'll save the effort of post work on images from my camera gear." 
    Excuse my ignorance, are our computers in a compromise when we post pics??

:-O
    Large, small, and a mini
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Posting pictures is not more of a security risk than posting text, weak passwords are the biggest risk.  I have read that some people use their username or something similar as their password and thats why their accounts get hacked.  Banks make you use a combination of letters, numbers and symbols for passwords and they won't allow simple combinations such as abc or 123.

Gerhard
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

So the combination is...One, two, three, four, five? Thats the stupidest combination I've heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Welcome Back
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I am still a newbie but I also enjoyed your posts and banter. Glad your back.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Who have you talked to that are staying away? I've been missing seeing some Texan and Canadian folks.

Cen-Tex bugged out over it. I think he'll be back once the forum is a bit more secure.
  • hapster
    Thanks guys... BTW... It's a little Jameson tonight. Have to get some Woodford tomorrow. :) I've always used the more secure password combos, letters and numbers. However in this case if he can get admin privileges; passwords are useless since he can find them out no matter how good. I'll give it another go and see what happens. The lump is loaded; have some hickory chunks buried in there as well. Test fit the brisket; going to have to drape it over the rib rack to start so it'll fit. Going to inject it; but have decide on the more traditional cooking method, on the grid at about a 250 dome and see how it goes. I did the dollar bill test on my ceramic gasket tonight just for the hell of it. Bill didn't budge at all except for between 12 and 2 with the hinge as 12 o'clock. Not bad and better than I expected.
  • How low are you able to maintain with your ceramic gasket? My gasket on the large is pretty well spent and debating just scraping it off and seeing how it does?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • hapster

How low are you able to maintain with your ceramic gasket? My gasket on the large is pretty well spent and debating just scraping it off and seeing how it does?

It does pretty well; that's why I'm going to try a little lower and slower this time. Just have to remember to be patient and not chase the temp. I also think that the HiQue and using WGWW also plays a part as well in it holding temp for longer times.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Sounds like you have a good cook in the making. This is the first forum I've joined and hopefully the worst is behind us. Trolls can go to a car forum or ways to clean your PC... This one has too much good information to deal with that kind of stuff..
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704
    edited February 2013
    Welcome back, man. Sorry about your lost posts - its nice to have stuff like that on the interwebs to refer back to.

The worse tragedy is that a tool like ayayron or whatever the heck his/her name is  can cause trouble like that and apparently get away with it. I hope his mom withholds his pimple cream just for that. Or at least limits his lotion and tissue privileges.

Almost forgot - Jameson is good stuff! Probably my favorite "regular use" beverage. Have you tried some of their more fancy-pants bottles that I've noticed in the last couple of years? One was a maroon sort of bottle. Have not tried it yet.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cazzy
    edited February 2013

Just the fact you have over 250 "likes" in less than 20 post says it all. Impressive.

You're a crowd pleaser around here, I hope you stay.

Not to burst your happy bubble, but his flags are the only thing Hap apparently got to keep! He's still a crowd pleaser though! :D Here is one more like for Hap and one for you to smitty! Lol