Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First slc ribs

Grambler
Grambler Posts: 153
I might not do baby backs again! I got these pre trimmed at Costco, seasoned with Dizzy Dust, cooked 4.5 hours at 250, slathered in bone suckin sauce, and tore them up!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited February 2013
    This is the third time to try to post this. SLC is ? For some reason not taking my post????
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grambler
    St. Louis cut. Basically trimmed spare ribs.
  • Mickey
    So they have much more meat on them?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grambler
    edited February 2013
    I feel like they are meatier than baby backs. I thought they had more flavor as well.
  • Mickey
    slc ?

• Mickey
    slc ?

• Mickey
    slc ?

• Mickey
    slc ?

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Grambler said:
    I might not do baby backs again! I got these pre trimmed at Costco, seasoned with Dizzy Dust, cooked 4.5 hours at 250, slathered in bone suckin sauce, and tore them up!
    Same exact cook I did on Sunday. I did 4 racks on a large. Probably wont go that route again. Not as good as my usual results just laying them right on grate on one level.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Grambler
    Chubbs said:
    Grambler said:
    Same exact cook I did on Sunday. I did 4 racks on a large. Probably wont go that route again. Not as good as my usual results just laying them right on grate on one level.
    Did you use a v-rack? I'd like to get a tiered rack.
  • Mickey
    Please excuse the 4 above posts at 7:30. They would  not accept to be posted, and though they went where such goes?????????????????????????

• They look great.  I prefer STL style to baby backs.
    Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Nice rack!

Great looking cook. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Chubbs
    Grambler said:

Chubbs said:

Grambler said:

Did you use a v-rack? I'd like to get a tiered rack.

Someone gave me the BGE grill extender as a gift. Prob the worst eggsessory ever. I do use it to sear over the coals now. Used it for this and worked well. I am going to get an AR or a swing grate. Not sure which one
  • Mickey
    Chubbs look real good at the Adj Rig from Tom.

• Chubbs
    Mickey said:

Will do it buddy. I already have a platesetter and spider. I am planning to call Tom. Do I want to put money towards a AR for my large now or a mini?? Hmmmm
  • Mickey
    Hay college is over rated for the kids anyway. Hell most just show back up afterwards anyway.

• Chubbs
    Mickey said:

Hay college is over rated for the kids anyway. Hell most just show back up afterwards anyway.

I hear you there. I will probably get both. Just need to find the right time to pull the trigger. Will likely get the mini first then get the AR a month or two later.
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275

Nice rack!

That's what she said =))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Grambler
    Chubbs said:
    Will do it buddy. I already have a platesetter and spider. I am planning to call Tom. Do I want to put money towards a AR for my large now or a mini?? Hmmmm

I don't see the swing grate on the ceramicgrillstore site. Do you have to ask for it specifically?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited February 2013
    Grambler said:
    Chubbs said:

I don't see the swing grate on the ceramicgrillstore site. Do you have to ask for it specifically?
    try the ceramicgrillworks site. Franco in Pittsburgh

EDIT: The AR(adjustable rig) and swing grate(2 tier adjustable swing rack system) are 2 different products.
  • I did 3 racks of st louis ribs on saturday to break in my new large egg.  I did the 3-2-1 method at 225 and they were amazing.  Sorry I don't have pics.  I will for my next cook.