Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

AR

Well..after staring at it online for 3 weeks....I finally did it. Just ordered my AR Customer Combo. It is time for be to stop sitting on the bench and raise my cooking game (and platform) to a new level!

Comments

• Max232
    Max232 Posts: 76
    Just ordered mine on Friday, can't wait to get to using it. I'm sure we'll both be happy with it. I was like you, looked at it at least once a week for the last month lol

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    You will love it. Mine lives in my large. The only time I haven't used it recently has been for pizza. Versatile accessory.
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    RLeeper said:
    You will love it. Mine lives in my large. The only time I haven't used it recently has been for pizza. Versatile accessory.

I must be missing something. It was made for pizza
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Larrymac
    Larrymac Posts: 103
    Help a newbie out. What is AR?
  • Larry, AR = Adjustable Rig....available at Ceramic Grill Store.   I just got mine last week and agree with all other posters it is the best!!   Wish I had known about it when I bought the egg as I probably wouldnt have bought the platesetter had I known about it.   Seems to be a common sentiment among other posters on here, but just glad I have it now, flexibility is great and multiple cooking levels really expand capability/capacity for larger cooks.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I thought maybe an AR 15....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RLeeper
    Mickey next pizza night will be done on the AR just haven't attempted yet, looking forward to doing multiple pies at the same time
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    RLeeper said:
    Mickey next pizza night will be done on the AR just haven't attempted yet, looking forward to doing multiple pies at the same time
    I have not done multiple pies but several have and all said worked like a champ.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RLeeper
    RLeeper said:
    I have not done multiple pies but several have and all said worked like a champ.
    I'll make sure I post pics
  • henapple said:

I thought maybe an AR 15....

Heh...wanted one wife said nope so I settled for an adjustable rig. ;-)

• mb99zz
    mb99zz Posts: 183
    I've spent some serious hours looking at their site this weekend (and it's only Saturday).  I think I'm going to pull the trigger this week.  I agree with Chainsaw19's comments -- had I known about the AR before I bought my egg I doubt I would have purchased the place setter. 
  • Max232
    Max232 Posts: 76
    getting ready to try it on pizza for the first time.

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

• flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    I had the same dilemma.  I eventually went with the PSWoo2 because I already had a place setter.  I made a "rig extender" to get that second tier in the dome.  Ceramic Grill store has momentarily stopped making the real extender for the PSWoo2 temporarily.  When it is available I will go with it as the quality will be better than my bolts and an old grill rack.  Here is my set up with the platesetter out for Pizza, but i often do long slow indirects with the PS inserted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Nice....whatever works right!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    edited February 2013

I have just about everything Tom sells for my two large BGE's and a simular homemade raised grid like flemster I made with a sliding rack from Tom. I use them all but if I had to do it again I would skip the PSwoo3 and just get the spider and the PSwoo2.

The drip pans he sells are the best I could find for using with his set up so make sure you odrer the combo when you place your order, it will save you on shipping in the long run.

If in doubt call Tom and he will make sure you get what you need.

• 2nd what hungry joe said, call Tom at the ceramicgrillstore.com and he will not oversell you or undersell you.  He will steer you the right way depending on what kind of cooks you want to do.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    When doing multiple pizzas do they each cook in the same amount of time? It would seem different heights would mean different cooking temps and therefor different cooking times. Am I missing something?
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.