Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why do we have to be approved?

Ok whats the deal, I posted a cook I did and I have to wait to get approved. I speak with some other people and they have no problem.

Who is running the show here? Homeland Security?

This is making me not a happy person now.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• Badong
    Badong Posts: 126
    I agree.  I've never had to go through this for any other site.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Been doing it a while. Jacked up vanilla I guess
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    maybe if they knew what you joked about...

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Griffin said:
    maybe if they knew what you joked about...

People might send the MIB to my house.

I feel like I am going through and dealing with the fine folks who run airport security.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Perhaps the administrators are concerned about liability issues here. They may want to check the recipe for ingredients or directions that could have lethal consequences. As you are well aware, people will sue for almost anything these days and courts tend to reward claimants no matter how ridiculous the claim is. It only takes one to screw things up for everyone.

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I think it is because at times they just suck. And this is that time.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Has one ever went through? I have had two stopped and not seen one yet.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Lol gotta be approved but they cant even sticky quality threads?!
  • Maybe it was your excessive use of the word "butt" that got you red flagged?
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    New Obama executive order...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    henapple said:

Doubtful. I think the Mangrate gods are angry at us. We have forsaken their gift to grills by no longer talking about them.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

henapple said:

Doubtful. I think the Mangrate gods are angry at us. We have forsaken their gift to grills by no longer talking about them.
    And dammit I miss it...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TUTTLE871
    Maybe it was your excessive use of the word "butt" that got you red flagged?
    Thats funny because I did cook a pork butt, and I think I used the word Insert as well.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• I posted a pic of @mickey 's ex naked grilling and it went through... But when I made a post with two quotes is has to wait for approval.

XLBGE 
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I would flag all your posts as well, bunch of crazies. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Mickey said:
    Has one ever went through? I have had two stopped and not seen one yet.

+1 and one of my two only had 4 quotes and my replies. Nothing offensive, no links to outside sites, no pics. It made no sense to me.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    edited January 2013

Here's a link to a thread of a few days ago addressing the same issue. 

The "post after approval" issue is still quite alive!  doesn't look like it's goona go away-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • In Canada, we call this censorship.   :D

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• While I haven't experienced this issue, as admin of my own Web forum, I suspect that the approval requirement is to moderate posts to prevent spam.  I've noticed some spam posts on profile visitor messages here, and I know that I had some serious issues with spammers on my site until I implemented registration verification questions that weeded out spammers and bots.

I'm not sure why your valid posts wouldn't have been successfully moderated and subsequently posted to the forum, but I doubt this forum is a full time job for anyone.  Forum administration takes time and effort and moderation is not always at the top of an Admin's list!

Just give the Admins a break and appreciate that, for the most part, we don't have to deal with spam on this site!

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I think the biggest source of consternation is the fact that it suddenly happened after years(for some members) of worry-free egg posts.
  • anyone else find it strange that certain forum members who likento stir the pot have gone quiet as soon as this started up? Just sayin'......

Wonder how Juanita's burger is tasting right about now.......:)

I'll take bets that I'm right.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390

anyone else find it strange that certain forum members who likento stir the pot have gone quiet as soon as this started up? Just sayin'......

Wonder how Juanita's burger is tasting right about now.......:)

I'll take bets that I'm right.

Who would this be?
  • IrishDevl said:
    anyone else find it strange that certain forum members who likento stir the pot have gone quiet as soon as this started up? Just sayin'...... Wonder how Juanita's burger is tasting right about now.......:) I'll take bets that I'm right.
    Who would this be?

we'll all know soon enough if im right
  • TUTTLE871
    The thing is crazy I posted a legit post with food pictures and a recipe and no avail.
    But I can post crazy talk and it's open season.
    This blows when you can't post pictures of something you take pride in.

I need another drink now.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• TUTTLE871 said:
    The thing is crazy I posted a legit post with food pictures and a recipe and no avail. But I can post crazy talk and it's open season. This blows when you can't post pictures of something you take pride in. I need another drink now.

it will get bfixed soon enough.....or not.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Haven't had any issues posting yet although today my Mac shouted at me saying I was going to an unsecure site which had never happened before.
    Lynnwood WA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited February 2013
    Any of you having problems receive any oddly generous e-books from another forum member? Just curious.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Any of you having problems receive any oddly generous e-books from another forum member? Just curious.
    yes, about a month ago.  I thanked him and never opened the link, but I checked out the domain and it was legit....sort of.

• Any of you having problems receive any oddly generous e-books from another forum member? Just curious.
    yes, about a month ago.  I thanked him and never opened the link, but I checked out the domain and it was legit....sort of.

same here. i never opened it but he is really going out of his way to make sure everyone has a copy. Weird if you ask me.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Got the said mentioned book. Never opened the link. Was a bit worried about what it might contain.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings