Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody used this before ?

Options
Anybody ever used this on the egg? I plan to try to make calzones and maybe a pizza with it. Never done pizzas or calzones. Any advice?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Anybody ever used this on the egg? I plan to try to make calzones and maybe a pizza with it. Never done pizzas or calzones. Any advice?
    Never tried it. Let us know how it is.  
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i have never used it personally but some of us used to get together and one of the guys made a breakfast pizza with that. it was pretty good. i would use it in a pinch. but just to be safe i would get a couple tortillas just in case you dont like it. you can use the tortillas as a pizza crust just top heat and enjoy. that is what i used to do before i got good with pizza.... just a little insurance that we dont have to call dominos

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    I've used pre egg on stone in oven. It's not really anything special. But it's doable.
    Boom
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Don't care for it... dough is flour yeast salt and water. Look on the back and count the ingredients on it, but if in a hurry why not I guess.
    Seattle, WA
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Not the best for very thin crust.  Just ok for 1/4 inch crust or so.  Don't think it would make good calzones, to much dough since you double side it.   

Someone told me about using califlower for crust, no carb - lo carb thing,  said it was great.  Can't remember who though. 

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • cajunduck
    cajunduck Posts: 203
    Options
    I tried it and will never do it again. Homemade tastes much better.
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Thanks for the advice folks.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    SWMBO hosted a PC party and the PC rep made a mole rub pizza using those crusts in the large PC baker pan. In the oven, they were not bad, not the best but not bad. 
    Only time we've ever used them so you can make of that what you will. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I used them because I bought them before I started this post. The wife and kids absolutely loved them. I thought they were just ok. Stuffed with cheese, hamburger, deer sausage, and pepperoni . They tasted a lot better than they look. I guess it's not to bad for my first time .