Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest in the Southeast?

I know of the Eggtoberfest in Atlanta. Are there any other eggfests within a 200 mile radius of Birmingham? Trying to plan this year's trips. Wherever I go, it will be my first one.

Comments

• There were a few of us interested in that area. We should start our own up!

XLBGE 
  • Eggfest in the Southeast ?  I wouldn't think chit'lins, cown pone, or grits would cook very well on an Egg.   =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• You can come to the Sunshine State Fest on the beach! :D  That's where I'll be in March!

I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    edited January 2013
    Hey VI we don't appreciate the negative stereotypes! Some of us are classy and eat gizzards and hearts, not,chitlins. :-B but you are crazy wrong on grits. I love my grits, makes top 5 in list of reasons why I could never leave the south.
    Boom
  • @fanoffanboys.  Truth be known, I love grits too, as long as it has a half cup of butter on it.  :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Eggfest in the Southeast ?  I wouldn't think chit'lins, cown pone, or grits would cook very well on an Egg.   =))
    You don't get out much do you? lol
    Eggfest in the Southeast ?  I wouldn't think chit'lins, cown pone, or grits would cook very well on an Egg.   =))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Bham_egger
    Bham_egger Posts: 196
    edited January 2013
    Ha! Actually, I grew up in Connecticut, so chitlins, pigs feet, and chicken feet are off the menu for me! Grits are fine, we the above mentions butter. But, I am convinced the South has the BEST BBQ, hands down.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    This is making me think scrapple on the egg would be awesome.
    Dunedin, FL
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Grits are great with eggs and bacon crumbled into them. Vi, why the hatred of southerners?. The day after mlk day you're going to throw out hurtful and abusive racism against southern folks. I don't understand.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

@yzzi - can't 'member who it was (he's on the other forum, not his one), but he was making scrapple next to me at the Plano Eggfest. Retired something or other? Loco? I don't know, but those handles are ringing bells.

@henapple - I don't think VI said anything about race. He just mentioned some things southerners are steroetyped to eat.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited January 2013
    henapple said:
    Grits are great with eggs and bacon crumbled into them. Vi, why the hatred of southerners?. The day after mlk day you're going to throw out hurtful and abusive racism against southern folks. I don't understand.
    Wow, henapple.  I was just kidding.  I think everyone else knew that.
    If I got my knckers in a twit everytime someone made fun of Texas or Texana, I'd stay in a huff.  Actually, your post is offensive to me by implying there was any racism overtones at all.  Where did that come from?

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• henapple
    Dude..I was just messing with you.
  • FanOfFanboys
    The proper way to eat grits is not with butter, tho it can be added. Instead while the grits are cooking, never use instant, you make the bacon. You then make the eggs in the same pan leaving the bacon grease. Flavor. Sausage can be used in addition but really need the bacon grease. Mix all together in a bowl with the bacon crumbled up. Top with salt and pepper and butter if desired. But should be enough bacon grease to keep your pipes slick rest of day. Getting hungry typing this.
    Boom
  • Good.  Let's bury the peace pipe and pass the hatchet.   :x

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• henapple
    I just got back from Laredo and corpus. I love TX. Special Austin to San Antonio.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Grits are great with shrimp on them, no offense taken VI, us southerners can take some heat
    and we do have some tasty vittles down here!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Scrapple has got to be the strangest thing I've never eaten. My in laws are from PA and talk about it. Sounds horrendous.

XLBGE 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Hey VI we don't appreciate the negative stereotypes! Some of us are classy and eat gizzards and hearts, not,chitlins. :-B but you are crazy wrong on grits. I love my grits, makes top 5 in list of reasons why I could never leave the south.
    Top 5?!

WRONG! Grits are the best thing ever! Not that 5-minute Quick crap either. I'm having some for dinner now.
  • FanOfFanboys
    Speaking of peace pipe bacon/eggs/grits after a little herbal enlightenment is breakfast nirvana.
    Boom
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    henapple said:
    I just got back from Laredo and corpus. I love TX. Special Austin to San Antonio.

What were you doing in Corpus? I grew up there.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Speaking of peace pipe bacon/eggs/grits after a little herbal enlightenment is breakfast nirvana.
    Even with herbal tea; that is still breakfast nirvana.

• FanOfFanboys
    Top 5?!

WRONG! Grits are the best thing ever! Not that 5-minute Quick crap either. I'm having some for dinner now.

I wouldn't grits above my warm weather or 3 1/2 month hunting season ha. And the fact that our tan, hot ladies can wear shorts and skirts 9 months out of year beat out grits. But grits high on my southern food list. Versatile too. Shrimp and grits anyone?
    Boom
  • __________________________________________

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• FanOfFanboys
    VI if you're trying to get back on a southerner's good side clips of my cousin Vinny might be the best way possible. I've seen way too much and I still love. Cracks me up.
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    Oh and I just looked up scrapple. That seems terrible. And on topic: I'd love to see one in or around savannah or Charlotte area
    Boom
  • Eggcelsior
    Top 5?!

I wouldn't grits above my warm weather or 3 1/2 month hunting season ha. And the fact that our tan, hot ladies can wear shorts and skirts 9 months out of year beat out grits. But grits high on my southern food list. Versatile too. Shrimp and grits anyone?
    It goes 2 ways - grits: food
    GRITS: Girls Raised In The South. I'm not talking about that song, either.

So much win!
  • FanOfFanboys
    Top 5?!

It goes 2 ways - grits: food
    GRITS: Girls Raised In The South. I'm not talking about that song, either.

So much win!

dunno what song but I am VERY familiar with GRITS :x that would certainly qualify as a tie with the warm weather for favorite thing. I wanted to add a picture but couldn't find one forum friendly haha
    Boom
  • VI if you're trying to get back on a southerner's good side clips of my cousin Vinny might be the best way possible. I've seen way too much and I still love. Cracks me up.
    Me too, Fan.  Since we've been talking Top 5, My Cousin Vinney is surely in that group.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• FanOfFanboys
    VI if you're trying to get back on a southerner's good side clips of my cousin Vinny might be the best way possible. I've seen way too much and I still love. Cracks me up.
    Me too, Fan.  Since we've been talking Top 5, My Cousin Vinney is surely in that group.

oh def. Can't go wrong with it. I am a young whipper snapper compared to most posters here but that and caddy shack are two that are older but hold up extremely well.
    Boom
  • VI if you're trying to get back on a southerner's good side clips of my cousin Vinny might be the best way possible. I've seen way too much and I still love. Cracks me up.

oh def. Can't go wrong with it. I am a young whipper snapper compared to most posters here but that and caddy shack are two that are older but hold up extremely well.
    And, what's most funny about it is that they make stereotypes of both northerners and southerners. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.