Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Backs & a Butt cook

Options
R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
I set up the L BGE for a two tier cook today by putting in a ceramic stone on my spider, BGE feet, drip pan, cooking grid from my 18" WSM, and then my PS Woo2 (but no platesetter on this cook). I put a 7.4 lb butt on the lower grid and it barely fit under the BGE cooking grid which went onto the Woo. The extra meaty bb ribs sat right above the butt: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
A little over 4 hrs later the ribs were ready: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I pulled them off & proceeded to move the butt onto the upper grid while my dog kept a watchful eye on the ribs for me (& I kept an eye on her :) ): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The ribs were sliced & lunch was on: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
A peek at the butt a little later: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
After a 3 hr rest in a cooler the bone was removed: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Then it was pulled with just a little sauce mixed in: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
We had some leftover rolls so I put a together a pork slider: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
It was a good day for some pork! Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments