Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Guy Tryin'

Options
JimE
JimE Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before I invest in a Big Green Egg. Where does a guy in South Jersey find lump coal or the like to use in an Egg along with different woods?

Comments

• Jim ,
    I use Big Green Egg lump sold by egg dealers. It burns hot and has very little ash. -RP

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    Jim ,[p]Even Wal Mart sometimes carries lump -- both Royal Oak and Real Flavor.

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Jim ,[p]There is a great dealer in South Jersey that I have bought all my eggs from. They carry BGEs, lump, many smoking woods and all the eggsessories as well. See Ed at Stoveworks in Medford. He is the owner and a fellow egger as well and will be glad to help you out. I think they are on vacation until Tuesday but IMO the best place to buy locally.[p]Where in South Jersey are you from. I live in Medford. Any other questions ask here or send me an email. [p]You will be very happy with a decision to get a BGE.[p]Chuck

[ul][li]Stoveworks[/ul]
  • JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    Jim ,[p]I grew up in South Jersey and my parents still live in Wenonah. I gave my parents an egg for Christmas and my dad buys his lump charcoal at his local Home Depot.
    John

• Jim ,
    pathmark has royal oak.10.99 for 20#.