Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Pork Tenderloin's times?

Options
Alton
Alton Posts: 509
Smoking 2 4lb or so pork loins today. Did a honey, Dijon mustered , rosemary marinade. Plan on smoking them low and slow with apple wood chunks and fresh rosemary branches. I know I'm suppose to cook to temp, but do I figure my expected pull time on the weight of a single loin or combined weight? HELP!!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,330
    Options
    They will cook as single loins as long as they are not touching.  Enjoy-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Alton
    Options
    Okay..... Figure 8lbs or 4lbs?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,330
    Options
    If each weighs 4 #'s (for a total of 8#'s) then base your cook time on a 4# cook-think of baking cookies-1 or two dozen -takes about the same time.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Alton
    Options
    Thanks @lousucap. That's what I thought.... Just needed some reinforcing
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    And further to what @lousubcap says, a single 8# pork loin will cook in the same time as one 4# loin, It is the cross section of the meat that determines the cook time, that is how far the heat has to penetrate to reach the centre. Typically a pork loin might be 4" to 5" in diameter regardless of wether it is a 4# or an 8#. The 8# is longer, but not thicker. Cooking times will be the same, Same goes for prime rib. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Alton
    Options
    That makes perfect seance ,never thought of it that way. thanks @skiddymaker