Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our "Egg Shed" - What a person will do for a BGE .... - pics included. New to forum

2»

Comments

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    PhotoShop? Remember to feather several pixels. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    The Big Green Egg makes it possible to get by with the bare essentials.... :))
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    amazing set-up.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Awesome.  I can hear your son now, "...ok dad, I'll be there in a minute.  Just mopping the pig one more time."

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    We all understand the passion when it comes to the egg. I really understand the passion of falling in love with inanimate objects. We purchased a boat last spring, and instantly fell in love with the lifestyle, so we sold our house and purchased one on the lake. The funny part (funny to me anyway) is your setup is almost exactly what I had in my minds eye. Growing up in Texas I love the big covered patios, but living in Georgia a big outdoor fireplace for watching Auburn and Miami games would be perfect! My wife is a Tiger's fan, and I'm a Miami alumn but root for AU as well. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to save the photos for a few years for when we are finally ready (and recover from taking a loss on selling our house). Congratulations, it really is perfect!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • lecrams
    lecrams Posts: 116
    War Eagle! So are you interested in hosting an Auburn viewing party next year? Gotta watch the gus bus get going in style next fall. Nice cooking "shed" and welcome!
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Awesome, just awesome.  It's outdoor spaces like this that make me think we need a "Hall of Fame" subforum.  Best outdoor space I have seen to date.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Did the pics drop off of this post?  I'd love to see 'em
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited January 2013
    thetrim said:
    Did the pics drop off of this post?  I'd love to see 'em
    Pics are still there on the first page of the post.  I've noticed that sometimes the pics seem to disappear for every once in a while.  Sometimes this seems related to searching.  Like, I have searched for one of my own posts using the forum search but the pics are not there if I arrive to the page via the search. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Your outdoor kitchen is nicer than my real kitchen..
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    BYS1981 said:
    Your outdoor kitchen is nicer than my real kitchen..
    His outdoor kitchen is nicer than my house.

It has a hammock.

And Mangrates.
  • The crazy thing is.... I have more things and pics to share. I don't want to be seen as boasting - just creative. I love to share creative ideas. As an example, I ordered some rock for the overall backyard design and had it delivered. I had an extra 1200 pounds to fill the load without it costing any more $. I decided to handpicked one rock weighing that amount to serve a particular purpose (3 feet wide and 8 feet tall). To backup a minute, I was forced to move the gas line to make way for the pool.  I kept thinking "if i'm moving the line (costly), I'm taking advantage of gas outlets (other places) in the backyard.  Long story short, I found a guy that boars holes into rock for $8per foot.  For $64, I have a massive flame rock in the backyard as focal point. The flame reaches 25 inches in height. I will light the cauldron (for 24 hours) to announce our first day of Spring - to us that means when the pool reaches 82 degrees. Cheesy but I truly look forward to it. Will post a pic.... on the first day of spring.

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

• Eggcelsior
    Can't wait. I look forward to seeing some "grate" pictures of that oasis.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Dude....I want to come party at your house.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Next fest is at his house!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

Next fest is at his house!

I am there. His hammock is nicer than my house. Until @VI adopts me that is

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    And to think I got excited when I got my Egg table.... That set up is luxury. Great job.
  • Eggcelsior
    I don't even want to build one now. Envy is worse than sloth....
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Pics were there when I looked this time and....Wow...  Gorgeous spot.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Envy is a virtue...

• Eggcelsior
    I know. I'm greener than my egg.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Very nice, beautiful place
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA