Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini green egg prices (please help)

Options
2»

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Chad, you bring a new wrinkle to the discussion.  Not to talk you out of the mini, but keep in mind, six months from now, you'll still be able to buy a mini.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

chad408  My thoughts: put the money for the Party Q in with the Mini and get the Mini (also the Mini Woo, 10" Wok, lodge griddle, etc). I own a Party Q and owned its Big Brouther as well (sold it). I did not have a lot of luck with them (YES, it is me and not the unit). My Party Q is loaned out to another Egger right now and I don't miss it. Now the Mini is a different story. We use the Mini 75% of the time as it gets hot real fast for those weeknight cooks. We sent one to the War Zone and it was used to cook for 21 Military men and woman at the same time, it is a cooking machine.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options

Feeding the troops in Afghanistan.

imageimageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    What kind of gun? Do you already own a similar gun? Is the gun for hunting/protection or just recreation? If just recreation get Egg; otherwise get gun.
    Boom
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    Buy it! You want it or you wouldn't keep asking people to talk you into buying it. You will use it more often than the gun. It will cook better food than the gun. Only negative is it won't protect you and your family like a gun. Now go get it!
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    If 25 or 50$ has u kicking back and forth that much don't do it. You still have accessories to buy etc.
    Seattle, WA
  • chad408
    chad408 Posts: 140
    Options
    YEA NOT SURE WHAT I AM GOING TO DO YET BUT STILL THINK I WANT IT.
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    It's perfect for mid-week dinners for two. I'm going to cook a small pork loin on it tonight. We had kebobs the other night. I cooked five giant wings on it this weekend. Chicken breasts and thighs are done in a snap. I don't fire up the large unless I'm going low and slow, we have guests or I want to do a whole chicken. 

Check out other threads on "whether to buy a mini." You can find movies of mini creations on YouTube. 

Having a mini means we grill about 20 times a month. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    Got mine on blow out Sale for 99 or 125 at Jackson's pottery in Dallas..Errrrr but that was in 98. Guess I should have bought 2. Matt

www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    Her she is on one of her maiden voyages 
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • Mickey
    edited January 2013
    Options
    jlsm said:
    It's perfect for mid-week dinners for two. I'm going to cook a small pork loin on it tonight. We had kebobs the other night. I cooked five giant wings on it this weekend. Chicken breasts and thighs are done in a snap. I don't fire up the large unless I'm going low and slow, we have guests or I want to do a whole chicken. 

Check out other threads on "whether to buy a mini." You can find movies of mini creations on YouTube. 

Having a mini means we grill about 20 times a month. 

Whole chicken is fine on Mini. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• chad408
    Options
    Well guys i decide not to buy the used one, I was talking about. I went down the Fireside grills in Augusta GA about 15 min from my house and was talking to them. They have the mini for 295 the used one which was 2 years old the guy wanted 250 you figure if i decide to get a mini will just buy it new. Thanks for everyones help
  • Mickey
    Options
    No contest. Outstanding price on the new one.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    @chad408 - Wow!  That's a deal!  Congrats!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    chad408 said:
    Well guys i decide not to buy the used one, I was talking about. I went down the Fireside grills in Augusta GA about 15 min from my house and was talking to them. They have the mini for 295 the used one which was 2 years old the guy wanted 250 you figure if i decide to get a mini will just buy it new. Thanks for everyones help
    If that is their price, I am driving from Columbia this weekend to get one. 35% discount from Columbia pricing. Can see the inlaws while there to justify the gas.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    Options

Did you look at it to see if the new one with double hinge and 10"SS.? Still a good price but outstanding good if the new model.

• chad408
    Options

They were waiting on a shipment so i assume it would be the new ones.

Mickey said:

Did you look at it to see if the new one with double hinge and 10"SS.? Still a good price but outstanding good if the new model.

• chad408
    Options
    How much is a small going for in columbia, also are you going to the beer festival this weekend up there. I am looking forward to going to that saturday
    Chubbs said:
    chad408 said:
    If that is their price, I am driving from Columbia this weekend to get one. 35% discount from Columbia pricing. Can see the inlaws while there to justify the gas.
  • Chubbs
    Options
    chad408 said:
    How much is a small going for in columbia, also are you going to the beer festival this weekend up there. I am looking forward to going to that saturday
    Chubbs said:
    chad408 said:
    Small in Columbia is $525 at Ace. Cant make Beer Festival this year. Been twice---man, great time (pun intended---mangrates)...
  • chad408
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    chad408 said:
    Chubbs said:
    chad408 said:
    Small in Columbia is $525 at Ace. Cant make Beer Festival this year. Been twice---man, great time (pun intended---mangrates)...

They have the small at fireside for 442.00. So if you are looking at geting a new egg seems like it would be worth the drive to augusta.
  • Chubbs
    Options

chad408 said:
    Chubbs said:
    chad408 said:
    Chubbs said:
    chad408 said:

They have the small at fireside for 442.00. So if you are looking at geting a new egg seems like it would be worth the drive to augusta.

Sounds like it unless I could talk downmy local dealer-- if I would ever call Ace my dealer.
  • Mickey
    Options
    chad408 said:

Mickey said:

Sorry, but No just because they are getting it in. They order from a distributor (not Egg) and you get "last in / last out" of what is on hand. But, I would bet 75% you get the new one.

• chad408
    Options
    Mickey said:
    chad408 said:

Mickey said:

Sorry, but No just because they are getting it in. They order from a distributor (not Egg) and you get "last in / last out" of what is on hand. But, I would bet 75% you get the new one.

Well i hope that it is a new one but also today i found a brand new small for 383.00. So i might jump on that now that I saw that Obama didnt ban any guns today. Now i can buy a grill instead of the gun and not worry about it.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    chad408 said:

I
    Mickey said:

chad408 said:

Mickey said:

Well i hope that it is a new one but also today i found a brand new small for 383.00. So i might jump on that now that I saw that Obama didnt ban any guns today. Now i can buy a grill instead of the gun and not worry about it.

For now...
    Flint, Michigan