Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Medium EGG Grate Sizes?

Options
We haven't been BGE dealers for a long time (a couple years), so I'm not well versed in previous products. I ran into a problem I was hoping someone here could help with. I have a customer that ordered a new cooking grate for a medium EGG. He contacted us and said that his EGG was the previous 15 3/4" version, so this grate was too small. Were some older EGGS larger than they are now?
Marketing/Media Guy for All Things Barbecue
Large EGG in Stainless Cart
Yoder Smokers YS640 Custom
Weber Kettle 22.5" Classic

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Is it the porcelain grid? I believe the newer eggs are slightly larger and now come with the SS grid. I believe they are 15" and 15.75", respectively.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    FYI, I have a MBGE that I acquired last June.
  • ATBBQ_Josh
    Options
    We got an answer from our rep, and the answer was what we thought. The Medium EGG size has not changed. Though some of the grids and cooking areas may be slightly different, all of the eggcessories will fit, no problem. Thanks Eggcelsior for your input as well!
    Marketing/Media Guy for All Things Barbecue
    Large EGG in Stainless Cart
    Yoder Smokers YS640 Custom
    Weber Kettle 22.5" Classic
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Is it the porcelain grid? I believe the newer eggs are slightly larger and now come with the SS grid. I believe they are 15" and 15.75", respectively.

My SS is 15.75" and my CI is 15".
    Mine is same "vintage" as @Eggcelsior and there are some differences from the early models. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!