Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Party Q

Options
Does anyone use the party q and if so how do you like it?

Comments

• Boileregger
    Options
    I have it and I like it. Only issue is when batteries run down during a cook, but I've started to be able to recognize it by watching the Maverick. Then it is no issue to just go out and do a quick battery change. There is a great detailed review on the naked whiz's website.
  • rabdogg
    rabdogg Posts: 43
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I use it and love it. Just make sure to get well up to temp prior to installing on BGE. I replace the batteries for each cook, they have never failed during cook and I've done 13 HR briskets. I highly recommend, especially if you only need the grid temp.
    Green Eggin' in Lafayette, Louisiana
  • twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    I bought one recently and tried it out on a pork butt low and slow overnight cook. Worked great. Batteries went dead at about 14 hours but I caught it right away and replaced them for the remaining 3 hours. It was rather cold that day (18F) so I may have gotten better batt life had it been warmer out. Despite that minor hitch, it held my Egg temp rock steady the whole cook.

Only thing I wish they would change on the PartyQ is add a DC input so it could be powered with a wall wart AC adapter - this would eliminate the battery issue on extended cooks. Once my warranty is up, I plan to add that feature to it myself.
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    I have one and like it very much. If you live somewhere that gets cold, use lithium batteries instead of normal alkaline to avoid them giving out during your cook. Lithium maintain their capacity as the temperature drops, alkaline do not. Good luck with your choice
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE