Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning a plate setter

I'm doing some wings indirect  (for the first time) and forgot to put a drip pan down DUH! - should I worry? do I need to clean when I'm finished? if so, some ideas - thanks much gang!

Comments

• rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    edited January 2013
    put it in the oven when you run the cleaning cycle.. If you are like me... you need to run it anway.

comes out brand new
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

rtt121 said:
    put it in the oven when you run the cleaning cycle.. If you are like me... you need to run it anway.

comes out brand new
    do that or run a load of charcoal in the egg with the vents wide open and no DFMT on. That way your house won't stink.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    What Eggcelsior said just not legs down please
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    My house stinks when I clean the oven with nothing in it.

I guess I need better pro-active non mess making solutions (stop being lazy and put some tin foil in there)
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    DFMT = Dual Function Metal Top
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA