Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick and easy meals

I am looking for some quick and easy meal ideas. What are some of your favorites?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited January 2013

spatchcock chicken at 50 mins (400 direct raised)

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    One I like to do is carne asada. I usually get flap mear from the local Mexican market and do a marinade. After marinaded, depending on how much time I have, I cook direct at about 500 and due to marinade dripping into the fire I open vent after that. 2-4 minutes a side and great tacos.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    in the fridge right now i have a bag of korean beef strips in marinade and a bag of chicken tenderloins in marinade. both can be cooked hot and fast as strips or kebobs or stirfried in the wok. also have some thin pork sirloin steaks that i think im going to make a portuguese vinegar pork with if i can find a good recipe.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    edited January 2013
    sausages with peppers and onions.  While the egg is heating up, I can chop up the veggies.  You can cook the veggies ion a griddle or in a basket on the egg while sausages are cooking.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Turbo Ribs - 2 -hrs.
    Bone in Ribeye steaks - 500 dome doesn't take long. Can also thin slice it and make fajitas or steak, yellow rice and vegetables.
    Spatchcock Chicken
    Grilled chicken wings
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Nothing is easier than a pork loin roast, indirect. Plug in the Mav making it a "set it and forget it" cook. Also the frozen twice bakers can go around it and will be done at about the same time. Veggie is usually a big mixed green salad. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Don't use the egg for quick and easy meals.  Takes to long to get going.  That is what the old gasser is for.
  • amhobbs
    amhobbs Posts: 51
    Thanks for all the comments you all are making me hungry. I have been working a lot of overtime recently and was just trying to find something I could cook quickly after I get off work.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    MikeP624 said:
    Don't use the egg for quick and easy meals.  Takes to long to get going.  That is what the old gasser is for.
    If by gas, you mean gas stove/range, then yes I agree. 

;)
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    MikeP624 said:
    Know what you mean - I use the gasser for hot dogs for the grandkids, they don't like them boiled. Hot dogs do not qualify as a meal, IMHO.
    When SWMBO wants a chicken breast slathered in BBQ sauce, the gasser has it done before the egg is even up to heat. 
    The side burner on the gasser has a stir fry done before I even have the electric starter out of the egg.... To me it doesn't make sense to stir fry on the egg unless you are doing a number of dishes. To each his own....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Pork tenderloin...flat iron steak.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    To cut down on time, prep the egg so that it is ready to lite when you get home.  A weed burner may be a good option for you.  As soon as you get home, hit the coals with that for a few minutes.  Then go inside and by the time you come out with your food you'll have a hot egg.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • nashbama
    nashbama Posts: 102
    Pick up some stuffed salmon filets at your grocery store seafood market. Publix has a great recipe.

Fire up the egg and get the temp to about 350. Time wise, it should take about two beers. Maybe three depending on how your day went.

The filets come in an aluminum pan, just take the plastic top off and put in the egg. 15 minutes and they're cooked to perfection. Seal up the egg and you'll save the rest of your charcoal.

Serve with a pack of Uncle Ben's 90 second wild rice. Fast, virtually no prep time, and will taste better than a plain old stove.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    nashbama said:
    Pick up some stuffed salmon filets at your grocery store seafood market. Publix has a great recipe.

Fire up the egg and get the temp to about 350. Time wise, it should take about two beers. Maybe three depending on how your day went.

The filets come in an aluminum pan, just take the plastic top off and put in the egg. 15 minutes and they're cooked to perfection. Seal up the egg and you'll save the rest of your charcoal.

Serve with a pack of Uncle Ben's 90 second wild rice. Fast, virtually no prep time, and will taste better than a plain old stove.
    You have a very interesting watch.