Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Backstrap recipes

Options
I have a few backstraps in the freezer and I normally just butterfly and do the same ol' cream cheese, jalapenos, and red onions... anyone have any recipes you'd recommend? 

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I'm interested as well. the only way I've ever had it is chicken fried. can you explain your recipe more @leechrg?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• leechrg
    leechrg Posts: 27
    Options
    yeah it's pretty simple... I do this with most wild game and it is really good, but I get tired of it. I take a full backstrap, marinate in moore's, dales, etc. butterfly the backstrap, then stuff with cream cheese, jalapenos, and chop up red onions then get some butcher's twine, wrap, and season with Southern Flavor and indirect on the egg at 350 degrees until meat is 140 degrees. 

I do the same thing with duck breasts. I take the meat off of both sides of the breast and with a sharp knife cut a pocket in each breast, stuff with the same ingredients above, marinate, seaason, and grill or indirect until done. Very tasty.