Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Proof of warranty?

Options
Was loading up some lump this afternoon and noticed a crack in my fire ring. I know this is not a big deal, and doesn't really affect the performance of the egg. I also know that it is covered under warranty.

I am curious though, how can I prove that mine is in fact under warranty? My wife surprised me with the egg two months ago, and to my knowledge, we weren't given any type of warranty paperwork. I know the place we bought it from would absolutely remember us being that its only been 2 months, but what happens 5 years down the road? How do I prove my warranty (either to the dealer or the mothership)?

Comments

• scaryangel
    Options
    You can go to biggreenegg.com online and register your egg
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    To prove your warranty information you should do an online registration of your Egg. There is a four or seven digit serial number embossed on the ceramics inside of the BGE lid just above the hinge. Go to the BGE website and use the link for online registration. They'll want your personal information, plus the name of the dealer you bought it from, date of purchase and this serial number.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    kbutler84 said:
    Was loading up some lump this afternoon and noticed a crack in my fire ring. I know this is not a big deal, and doesn't really affect the performance of the egg. I also know that it is covered under warranty. I am curious though, how can I prove that mine is in fact under warranty? My wife surprised me with the egg two months ago, and to my knowledge, we weren't given any type of warranty paperwork. I know the place we bought it from would absolutely remember us being that its only been 2 months, but what happens 5 years down the road? How do I prove my warranty (either to the dealer or the mothership)?

receipt?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • kbutler84
    kbutler84 Posts: 140
    Options
    Great, thanks!