Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First two egg cook suggestions?

Received a new medium egg for christmas to be an accessory to my Large.  Any ideas what my first two egg cook should be?
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Ribs and Pulled Pork are easy and crowd favorites.  I've only been Egging about four months and those were two of my earliest cooks.  This site, plus Nakedwhiz.com and AmazingRibs.com are great resources.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    CPARKTX said:
    Ribs and Pulled Pork are easy and crowd favorites.  I've only been Egging about four months and those were two of my earliest cooks.  This site, plus Nakedwhiz.com and AmazingRibs.com are great resources.
    Thanks for the suggestions CPAEKTX, but perhaps I wasn't clear.  I've had a Large Egg for two years and have been cooking on them for longer.  Now I have gotten a medium so was looking for cooks that compliment each other that require vastly different temperatures or setups.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I know it sounds like a waste of charcoal but I roast steaks on the large and then finish them off at a very high temp on my small. Saves you waiting for the Egg to heat up or cool down. Reverse T-Rex.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I got my 2nd large so I could egg chili and corn bread at the same time.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    I do veggies on one while doing meat on the other when they need to be done at different temps.  I do regular dinner on one while smoking low and slow on the other.  Anything that has to be done at different temperatures are candidates for the second egg.  Dinner on one - desert on the other.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    I do veggies on one while doing meat on the other when they need to be done at different temps.  I do regular dinner on one while smoking low and slow on the other.  Anything that has to be done at different temperatures are candidates for the second egg.  Dinner on one - desert on the other.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I'd recreate a thanksgiving dinner. Get a bird on the large, then some mac'n'cheese, stuffing, potatoes, etc going on the medium.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited January 2013
    Hi54putty said:

I know it sounds like a waste of charcoal but I roast steaks on the large and then finish them off at a very high temp on my small. Saves you waiting for the Egg to heat up or cool down. Reverse T-Rex.

I do the exact same thing but sear on my large using a spider and small CI grid. Then roast on my small at the felt line.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....