Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Staub 5 qt Oval

Tonight my wife got me a Staub Enameled 5 qt Oval Cast Iron roasting pot.  Just what I have been looking for and of course she got it on sale to boot. What a great gal.  Now to figure out the first cook...
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    edited January 2013
    http://www.creativecookware.com

This place has the best prices I could find (in Canada) for good quality CI cookware.  Have you seen the Staub's replacement animal theme knobs?

I would not use nice enameled CI in the egg...  I use cheaper Lodge CI in the egg.

Item onTV today about the Staub 5 Qt. Seems to be a problem with the inside material. Please mail it to me for an inspection as I do not want you to have to experince this CI. No problem, happy to do it for you :-c
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I wouldn't have a problem putting enameled CI in the egg.  The coating, vitreous enamel, is fused powdered glass.  As long as you don't do anything crazy like put it in the coals and crank it up to 1200 F, your only problem will be making it look nice after it's coated with grease and soot.
    Zero issues using my Le Creuset pieces on egg. All grease and soot easily comes right off after a few minute soak in Oxyclean.