Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp to reheat???

Options
I Smoked my butt on Fri. Heating it up tonight and was wondering what the internal temp should be.

Comments

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    I'm sure there are multiple ways to do this, but when I find myself in your situation I wrap the butt in HD alum foil, spray it with apple juice to get some moisture, then I put it in a 250-300 degree oven just until it gets warm enough to pull.

I have never measured the IT. I just leave it in oven until it is warm enough to pull easily.

Someone will come along and give you a more "scientific" way to do it, but this works.
  • svendangle
    Options
    I ended up keeping the butt in the foil and injected it with some apple cider vin. 350 for about an hour and it turned out great!!
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I turbo cook my butts in foil.  When they come off the egg they go into a small cooler for an hour, or more if the serving time sides up to four or five hours.  If serving the next day or later, i leave it in the foil and refrigerate it.  About 90 minutes before serving, i take it out of the refrig and into a 300 degree oven for about 80 minutes -- then pull it and serve it.  Since it is turbo cooked and injected, there is plenty of juice to moisten the pork up !!