Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Ahi recipes wanted

billyray
billyray Posts: 1,275
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'd tell you I cooked this, but I didn't. Went to dinner last and had the best seared Ahi with peanut sauce. I couldn't get the recipe from the chef, but would like to do one myself. Any ideas would be appreciated. I took a few bites before I pulled out the iPhone.
Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
ahi.jpg 84.7K

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491

Chimney Tuna

dash of red chili oil

dash of sesame seed oil

1/2.cup dark soy sauce

1/2 cup honey

1 T dry wasabi powder

lbs

tuna loin, cut into 2 pieces

1/2

cup

sesame seeds

Tbs

peanut oil

Procedure

In a non-reactive bowl combine chili oil, sesame oil, soy, honey, and wasabi powder. Reserve 1/4 cup for dipping sauce. Roll eachpiece of tuna in this mixture to coat evenly. Marinate from 1 hour. Remove the tuna from the marinade and discard the marinade.

On a plate, lay the sesame seeds. Roll the tuna in the seeds to evenly coat.

Fire up the grill and on a well-oiled grate sear for 15 to 30 seconds per side or to desired temperature. Remove to rack and rest for 3 minutes. Cover with foil or plastic wrap to achieve carryovercooking. Slice thinly and serve with the dipping sauce. 

We make this recipe all the time - enjoy.

Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !