Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CHALLENGER CABINETS??

Options
2»

Comments

• Huns
    Huns Posts: 6
    Options
    DLK7, I have not had a chance to get with anyone at True Value. I had to to go out of town for Christmas. I will get with them as soon as I get back and will post an update. They have always been good to me. I have to admit that I was shocked that the back was a film. I think the top and doors are actually powder coated. What do you think after looking at yours? Thanks
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    The top is for sure.  I have been opening the top drawer into the inside of the door every day since March and it shows a little scuffing but no damage.  If it is a film, it is really tough.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    I'm diggin' the Challenger cabinets.  Anybody got a ballpark price on a large cart?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Huns
    Options
    TN Egger,
    The Challenger Cabinet for the Large Egg is between $1500-$1700. It is pricey, but it is a well built table that should last many years.
  • Huns
    Options
    dlk7,
    Update on the warranty repair on my Challenger cabinet. The True Value guys have been great by the way. At first the Challenger guys were just going to send me a new skin to apply, but then I got a call tonight that they are replacing the whole cabinet. They want to see what happened to the veneer on the other table to prevent it from happening again. I am very happy with the way they handled the situation.

Huns