Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Eve Wings

Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm getting a bit better at doing the whole Cazzy's wings thing on the egg. I think that perhaps I like my wings a bit overdone as these were 165° but the meat didn't come off the bone very easily and the skin wasn't as done as I like. Even so they were good... just not perfect yet... I'll get there.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• Do u deliver? Merry Xmas! Wings look delicious.
  • jay75
    jay75 Posts: 153
    They look Nom Nom to me!.. I haven't tried cazzy's recepie yet but I do find roasting then a quick grill to finish gives wings that crispy yet not fat smoked taste I've loved since getting the egg?..
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Overdone?  Actually your wings are underdone.  I know my original recipe said 165 but i've learned alot since then.  

Wings have a lot of fat so you need to break down all the collegen.  Shoot for 180ish and you'll like the results much better.  165 is not always the key with chicken which is the reason why you'll remove a breast closer to 165 and a thigh closer to 180.  

In the end, wings are very very forgiving so even if you go over (not mickey forget you were cooking wings over), they'll still be great.  

They look good though, color is there.  Make sure to let the marinade steep for a few days.  Heck, I love my 65 day old marinade as it puts some hair on the chest.  lol
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Thanks for the update!

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.