Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First post and question (turkey breast and Prime Rib for xmas)

Options

Hello All, greetings from south of the border. I’m a proud owner of a x-large and small BGE. I got them in Octuber but Ive been lurking the forum for much longer. I thank you all for all your great advise and stories! I’m enjoying every cook, the great ones and the bad ones. So far: Steaks, Ribs, Pizza, and Chicken. Hopefully this vacation I’ll have the time to do a brisquet and a pork butt. Of course, must of the times a nice cigar for dessert!

So here is my question: For Christmas I’m planning on cooking a Boneless Turkey Breast and a Prime Rib, indirect, around 350 f.  The problem is that I have to finish cooking around 7 pm and we will have dinner at least 3 to 4 hours later at my Mother’s house.

How do you recommend to re-heat? Should I pull out both the turkey and the Prime Rib maybe 20 degrees before the desired temps (160 and 130) and finish them while re heating? 

All comments are more than welcome.

Thanks

Comments