Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork

Options
13 hours at 225-250.  Resting in a cooler now to tenderize some more, but I had to make a sandwich.

Coated with Sweet Baby Ray before the start.  Mixed up with Stubb's at the finish.

35 pounds of meat, and nice clean bones.  This is going to be Christmas dinner.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That looks good, Doc.  I haven't thought about applying BBQ sauce at the start of the cook.  I always go with mustard & rub.  How did it turn out?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    It is good, I am not sure you need anything at the start, but I did not feel like mustard and rub.

I suspect salt and pepper would work just fine.  It did make a nice burnt crusty finish.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys