Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looky there! A baby!

Options

Sorry for the crappy phone pic.  I don't know how it happened.  Same ol' story...The large and the small co-habitate in the garage, but aparently there was lack of protection. 

Seriously, I've been thinking about a mini or perhaps another small for on the road cooks (mostly at my Mom's).  Wilma has a touch of back trouble and last week, I had the same.  I don't know what I did, I was seeing stars!  When that artman64 thread about selling his brand new mini came up, I bit.  Spent all day driving in dicey weather (STUPID), but I think the Lord wanted me away today because the Christmas excrement smote the rotating cooling unit.  Family trouble between my Mom & my baby sister.  If I was home and took the phone call from my crying Mom, well, I'm sure things would end up worse.  So it's Christmas at my place.  I'm gonna T-rex some nice thick rib eyes (sear in the small, roast in the large) and there will be all kinds of good things to eat!  I guess there's usually a turd in every family.

I already have a High-Que grate and a couple of 8.5" pizza stones on order from Amazon.  Gotta get the mini woo next!  Freddie's scoring heavily this Christmas cause I already got an AR!   

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Great story-and in the history of time "better to be lucky than good" rides again!  Congrats and I know you will enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    "The Christmas excrement smote the rotating cooling unit."

That is the story of every Christmas when I was a kid.

Enjoy the mini, and try to stay cool being the referee.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

There's no refereeing between the rational and the irrational, I'm sorry to say.  This is a pretty good Christmas goober.  The worst one I remember as a kid was when my alcoholic aunt badly insulted my Dad (brother & sister) on Christmas Day.  She lived in Tampa and Dad piled us back into the motorhome and we roared off home to Michigan that day.  Christmas dinner was at McDonalds.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options

There's no refereeing between the rational and the irrational, I'm sorry to say.  This is a pretty good Christmas goober.  The worst one I remember as a kid was when my alcoholic aunt badly insulted my Dad (brother & sister) on Christmas Day.  She lived in Tampa and Dad piled us back into the motorhome and we roared off home to Michigan that day.  Christmas dinner was at McDonalds.
    Yup, I understand.  Might be the reason I have a shirt with Santa on it, and the legend Ho **** Ho.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Good luck my Michigan friend, keep your fantastic sense of humour, (spelled with a "u" cause that's the way us metric north of 49 twits do it) 
    Always look forward to your comments, insightful, idiotic, funny and always really really cool - Merry Christmas. Good luck with the "green" kids!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If you had an egg cover, this never woulda happened.

Mamma and poppa egg are family members.  Especially in December, cover your member.
    If you had an egg cover, this never woulda happened.

Mamma and poppa egg are family members.  Especially in December, cover your member.
    I thought it would be OK.  Papa is trapped in a table and Mama is in a nest and I keep the casters locked!  Well, I did forget to lock 'em that one time not too long ago...
    Flint, Michigan