Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

12/21/12 - The End

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

For all practical purposes, the world ended a few months ago, right after the AMA crowned Justin Bieber artist of the year.

Best careful. There's Canadians on this thread. Bieber is bigger than hockey up there! If it's Bieber fever here, it's bubonic Bieber plague up there. Hmmm.... No hockey right now, perhaps are friends to the north has had their time already pass?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

henapple said:

Wouldn't Canada go first?
    Actually we are going to miss the whole thing. Supposed to happen in daylight and we don't have none.

Awww...no sun that far north.  Sadly you'll never see it coming.  In the spirit of Tom Bodett, we'll turn the lights off for ya.  Last one to leave pays the bill.

Here on the highway to hell, there's always a room at Motel 666!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited December 2012
    Actually you need to plan your big meal on 12/20; you will be too busy fighting the apocalypse on the 21st.

I think I will have oysters and champagne, and spend some time with my bride. Oh, and the oysters are for me, she wants chocolate.
    :D

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    For all practical purposes, the world ended a few months ago, right after the AMA crowned Justin Bieber artist of the year.
    Best careful. There's Canadians on this thread. Bieber is bigger than hockey up there! If it's Bieber fever here, it's bubonic Bieber plague up there. Hmmm.... No hockey right now, perhaps are friends to the north has had their time already pass?

Like the abomination, Celine Dion, my American Egghead friends may also keep Justin Bieber.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Local News in Los Angeles
    DD.JPG 95.9K
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    McStew said:
    Local News in Los Angeles
    HAHAHAHA.  Me likey.
    Nice had to steal that pic!
    Lynnwood WA
  • Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    double said:
    +1
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    double said:

Just posted it on FB. +1
    Actually we are going to miss the whole thing. Supposed to happen in daylight and we don't have none.
    Awww...no sun that far north.  Sadly you'll never see it coming.  In the spirit of Tom Bodett, we'll turn the lights off for ya.  Last one to leave pays the bill.
    LS is fibbing to you, right now Toronto only has about 30 minutes less daylight than you do, in summer Toronto gets about 90 minutes more daylight than New Orleans. Once worked in Tuk, North West Territories in July, there was no darkness - very spooky. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    henapple said:
    LS is fibbing to you, right now Toronto only has about 30 minutes less daylight than you do, in summer Toronto gets about 90 minutes more daylight than New Orleans. Once worked in Tuk, North West Territories in July, there was no darkness - very spooky. 
    LS is an exaggerator.  Claims to be only 3'10" tall.  He's really 3'28".
    edited December 2012
    Not sure what will be on the Egg, but I'll have my tinfoil hat on and be listening to Jimmy Buffet singing "Apocalypso" while downing an adult beverage.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    double said:
    Stolen and posted on FB +2

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• XLBalco said:

so does this happen based on time zones?  I am on CST (US & Canada)- what # do we draw?

Yes, each time zone will be annihilated at midnight local time.
    I'm in the Eastern so I'll let ya'll know when I see the Zombies, Reloaded last night with my Zombie Max shells
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • What time do the showers start on Friday? I have some yard work I would like to get done.
  • For all practical purposes, the world ended a few months ago, right after the AMA crowned Justin Bieber artist of the year.
    Another fine CANADIAN!

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• nolaegghead
    What time do the showers start on Friday? I have some yard work I would like to get done.
    The showers of fire and brimstone? - those will be late evening.  Get on it early.
    this is more exciting than y2k
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Guess I better pick up another handle of Tito's I going out in a blaze of glory!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited December 2012
    Another fine CANADIAN!
    Bob - there are some Canadians we are very proud of, some not so much, if we could only get them to pay taxes once they become successful......John may have a point here...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Greeno55 said:
    Like the abomination, Celine Dion, my American Egghead friends may also keep Justin Bieber.
     I suspect Bieber may not have quite the same shelf life that Celine possesses.  I can see his final destination being Vegas though.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    henapple said:
    How would we even know they were missing, what with no hockey this year and all?  ;)

I'm planning on being here, but I did tell the butcher I'd pay for my standing rib roast on 12-24 when I pick it up.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • For all practical purposes, the world ended a few months ago, right after the AMA crowned Justin Bieber artist of the year.
    Another fine CANADIAN!
    Bob - there are some Canadians we are very proud of, some not so much, if we could only get them to pay taxes once they become successful......John may have a point here...

While y'all are at it, you can keep Pam Anderson, Bryan Adams, Michael J Fox, Martin Short and Howie Mandell

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited December 2012
    LS - the thing with Pam anderson, the best parts of her were "Made in the USA"...
    Michael J Fox is a great Canuck, as is Martin Short, Howie just a tad eccentric even for me. Most under rated Rick Moranis. 
    I'll take anything by Nelly Furtado over Celine Dion anyday, and Shania ain't too shabby and of course the current flash in the pan, Carly Ray Jepson - Call me Maybe?
  • LS - the thing with Pam anderson, the best parts of her were "Made in the USA"...

Now that was funny right there man!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• You all are such shallow people.  You idolize plastic celebrities like Pamela Anderson, Michael J. Fox, etc. but you neglect the real heros of the North like Sergeant Preston of the Yukon and his trusty dog, King.

Shame on all of you !!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• **** Simmons was a yank

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• **** Simmons was a yank
    And the dog was from Alaska, before it was a state I think (the lower 48 were not sure if there was oil up there so they held off)
  • What about Dudley Dooright?  He was a great Canadian!

Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    I think he was a closet ball-chin-ean.  Oh, maybe not.