Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

omelette au fromage sans d'oeufs

Options
was looking forward to a nice cheese omelet, but no eggs in the house, actually not much of anything in the fridge cept some chees and some condiments. so here we got some burnt cheese on the griddle with some rooster sauce. i think i found a new snack

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    Cool.  Necessity is the mother of invention (or something like that).

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Little Steven
    Options
    Nice try. It's fromage omelette sans oeufs :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    edited December 2012
    Options

whaddah ya want from a greasy portagee

:)) still sounds better than burnt cheese on a plate and no two frenchmen spell the same anyways
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks like something we'd cook in college when we got the "munchies"....  :D
    Options
    Not only does it sound delicious, but visually its fantastic; nice job!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    In fact, it's "Omelette au fromage sans oeufs"

It looks good regardless of the spelling!

Depends how you say it. Yours translates to an omelette with cheese without eggs, mime is cheese omelette without eggs

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options

Depends how you say it. Yours translates to an omelette with cheese without eggs, mime is cheese omelette without eggs

You are right about my translation.  However, "fromage omelette" is not a proper sequence of words in french.  You could say "omelette de fromage" which means omelette made of cheese and clarify with "sans oeufs".  I guess there is a reason why french is the language of diplomacy...  And @fishlessman is also right about the fact that no two frenchmen spell the same anyway and as he said, it sounds better than burnt cheese on a plate :)

edited December 2012
    Options
    You win! I got 3% in grade twelve french. That was after a trip to France with a girlfriend who was a francophone. :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FlashkaBob
    Options
    You win! I got 3% in grade twelve french. That was after a trip to France with a girlfriend who was a francophone. :D
    I'm sure you learned something french but it wasn't the french language

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.