Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunshine State Eggfest

Options
Who's going?  I'll be there... and @vidalia1 just got me pumped-up about it again. 

Details HERE.
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    A lot of folks from the "other" forum go to the Sunshine Fest...+ we always try to get Little Steven out of Canada for a few days, hopefully he can make it this year... <:-P
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Who's going?  I'll be there... and @vidalia1 just got me pumped-up about it again. 

Details HERE.
    You gotta be careful about that vidalia fella! :) egret and Lady egret are going to attend again............
  • SigP
    SigP Posts: 25
    Options
    I am a new eggger but I am considering going. It will really depend on my work schedule. Are advance reservations necessary?
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Hmm...I'm tempted to make the 7 hour drive since I won't be able to attend the Hiawassee fest in May.  I'll have to talk it over with SWMBO.
  • egret
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Hmm...I'm tempted to make the 7 hour drive since I won't be able to attend the Hiawassee fest in May.  I'll have to talk it over with SWMBO.
    I'm very sorry you aren't going to be able to make the GA Mt.Fest! Please look me up if you get down to the SS Fest........
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    My wife thinks that her cousin's wedding is more important than me going to the fest.  That's strike 1...  2 more strikes and she will be sorry.  ;)  I was cursing internally when they announced the wedding date.  Oh well, hope to make it to the Hiawassee Fest next year.  We will definitely be at the Eggtoberfest though.  Hope to make it to the SS Fest though in the meantime.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    egret said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    I'm very sorry you aren't going to be able to make the GA Mt.Fest! Please look me up if you get down to the SS Fest........
    John, Are you sold out yet?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    Options
    I wouldn't attend an Eggfest that would allow someone like me to participate.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Little Steven
    Options
    The standards are pretty low in FLA Gary

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Yes. I heard you might attend.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Little Steven
    Options

Been there several times. Just have to work on the tan lines beforehand and all is cool.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    edited December 2012
    Options
    @villageidiot That was very funny.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • travisstrick
    Options
    HEY! I resemble that remark. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Little Steven
    Options

Travis, I meant the fest. Florida is kinda the couth state of the country. Causa the Canadians and two hockey teams

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• travisstrick
    Options
    It's cool. I can travel to 4 different states in less time than it takes to drive to the Space Coast. My folks are from the very north west part. Gulf Breeze to be exact. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • egret
    Options
    egret said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    John, Are you sold out yet?
    No, not yet, Steven! Registration opens Jan. 1st......I always have a place reserved for you, my friend!! ;)
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Don't worry, I won't be cooking...
    I'll be the girl with a camera in one hand and a beer in the other. 
    :-B
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Will you marry me :x
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Bullhalsey
    Options
    I'll be there!
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Planning to sign up as a taster not a cook as soon as they open the sign ups!
  • FlashkaBob
    Options
    Now that's my kinda girl !!

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options

I might make this.  What is the difference between an early bird taster and a general registration taster?  I don't see the distiction in the schedule.

What things do I need to make sure I register for, or sign up to before hand (registrations, drawings, etc.)

Never been to a Fest yet.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options

I might make this.  What is the difference between an early bird taster and a general registration taster?  I don't see the distiction in the schedule.

What things do I need to make sure I register for, or sign up to before hand (registrations, drawings, etc.)

Maybe just price? I don't know, I've never been to an EggFest.  Can I go to the Meet & Greet if I'm not cooking?  @vidalia1 can prob tell us! ;)
  • egret
    Options
    The early birds get a little better price. All those registered are welcome to come to the M & G.
  • jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Options
    I wanted to go to the one last year and we couldn't pull it off. Planting the proverbial seeds for my wife and I to attend this years event. We're fortunately only about 2 hours south of there, just need to make the arrangements. I too would like to sign up for the tasting if possible.

• vidalia1
    Options

SiqP and other fence sitters...

The Sunshine St Eggfest & the Ga Mtn Fest are 2 of the most popular regional Eggfests. I recommend registering as soon as possible for either/both fests whether you plan to cook or be a taster...cooks tickets sell out 1st because they are limited to a smaller number of people because of the BGEs they are cooking on......they will sell out of both cooks & tasters tickets...also if you are planning on coming to either/both fests and plan on staying at a hotel I recommend making that reservation soon also...you can always cancel the hotel if you can't make it...

Yes you can sign up for the meet & greets also and anyone signed up may attend...there probably will not be any walk up ticket sales for either of these fests...they are a blast and we hope to see y'all there....even Little Steven...   

\:D/
  • vidalia1
    Options
    I believe registration opens on Jan 1 or Jan 2 for both of these fests...fyi
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited December 2012
    Options
    vidalia1 said:

The Sunshine St Eggfest & the Ga Mtn Fest are 2 of the most popular regional Eggfests.

Mickey.  Did you hear that ?   =))

Just kidding.  The pictures look like they're alot of fun.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I live 10 minutes from the FL Eggfest location --  I'm happy to help if anyone wants advice on lodging.  There are several hotels and some really charming B&Bs in the area (for those of you trying to convince your wife that this is a good idea for a romantic weekend).  ;)

• vidalia1
    Options
    VI all you do is to try to start trouble... :)) =))  The Texas folks know they have some great fests also.... :x