Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Were Did U Buy Your Egg?

Options
J Ruloph
J Ruloph Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Were did you buy your egg? Do they know the way of the EGG? Do they sell other eggtastic product? Please tell me your eggperience.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    J Ruloph,
    I bought 2 of my eggs here in Raleigh from The Firehouse. Outstanding dealer.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    J Ruloph,
    I bought my egg from Sutter Home and Hearth in Woodenville, WA. They definitely are eggsters. They demo on Saturdays and the owner (and possibly other employees) own eggs and use them. Everyone I talked to was very knowledgeable. The only disappointed was no deals to be had, I paid full retail for mine. :( But it was worth every penney. :) They sell all the normal accessories, I believe. I bought lump from them, the ash tool, and the platesetter.[p]Gwen, cooking ribs tonight.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    J Ruloph,[p]2 from BGE HQ, 1 (in disrepair) from an individual.[p]Smokey

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    J Ruloph,
    First small 18 years ago from BGE HQ on Clairmont. First Large from BGE HQ. Second Small from BGE HQ. Second Large from Seasonal Distributors up in Waldorf.

• Eggtuary
    Eggtuary Posts: 400
    Options
    J Ruloph,
    From a local dealer that mainly sells swimming pools! I used the dealer locator here on the BGE website, and they had a competitive price and a convenient location.[p]They were familiar with the marketing of the Egg (including the somewhat exaggerated claim that a single bag of lump charcoal will last a season of regular grilling), and they'd eaten food from one. One sales guy recently purchased one, and now he's pretty darn knowledgeable. [p]At other dealers in the area, the salespeople I met barely knew anything about them, except that they were the favorite among their customers who were most serious about grilling.

• J Ruloph
    J Ruloph Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'm a the distributor of the BGE product in California. I wanted to see what you want in a
    retail dealer.

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    J Ruloph,
    I got LUCKY with my egg purchase. The lady I bought it from was SUPER knowledgable and SUPER friendly. I got mine from Stacy MacKeigan at a place in Waldorf, Maryland called TriCounty Hearth and Patio (301-843-1771)[p]I think they are associated with the Waldorf Eggfest.

• cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    Options
    I got mine from BBQ Outfitters here in Austin. If you want to know how to do it right, call them up and chat about it. There are two dealers here in town: these guys and a national chain. These guys know a bunch about the egg, have demos on the weekend, have the accessories and have great customer service. They all own eggs and know how to use them. (If I was a dealer, I'd encourage all my employees to buy an egg (at cost) to let them learn the ways of the egg.) The national chain is useless. They don't know jack and make little effort to explain the capabilities. Maybe their profit margin on gassers is much higher. I don't know, but I think BGE HQ ought to call BBQ Outfitters and use their model to help train other dealers.
  • Grillicious
    Grillicious Posts: 347
    Options
    J Ruloph,
    I got mine from BBQ Outfitters in Austin. It is a demo egg from the Texas Eggfest. Only $560 for a Large with egg nest, ash rake, daisy wheel top, and a 20lb bag of Ozark lump. I got lucky in that you have to pay for the demo eggs in advance of the fest. One of the eggs broke during setup, and it happened to be the one that would have had my name on it. So for the fest I cooked on another demo egg, and the next day I went to their show room and took home a brand new, un-demo'ed egg.[p]BBQ Outfitters is very knowledgable, all employees cook on eggs, and they fire one up at the store every weekend. And they have the best deals in town.

• cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    Options
    wow. what are the odds that on this big board with people all over the country, two of us in a row would recommend the same place?