Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Use your feet!

Options
I know this has been discussed before but thought I'd remind everyone again based on my personal experience. Cooked some chili tonight so had the large at 350-400 for a couple of hours. When I closed the bottom draft door, it was SUPER hot- almost too hot to close! My eggs each sit on 2 paving stones and I've never noticed any heat transfer from either egg, however tonight they were very hot. Hot enough that I kept an eye on them for a while until the heat subsided enough. I know that a lot of people suggest using the green feet that come with the eggs so that it gives the heat a way of escaping and not directly transferred to the paving stones. Fortunately, I didn't have any problems with mine tonight but guess who will be putting the eggs on the feet tomorrow! With the weather cooling off I'm sure more people will be cooking chili and the likes....just thought I'd pass this on. Happy egging!

Comments