Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Used medium BGE price

Options
I want to sell my medium BGE and accessories.  I'm just having a hard time thinking of a fair price.  It's 6 months old, comes with the nest, platesetter and the pizza stone.  In great condition.  I'm in California, if that helps.  Thanks

Comments

• travisstrick
    Options
    I just got the same used deal in mobile Alabama for $300
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    Kijiji in Toronto - similar deal - $1200 (claims a savings of $400 over new)

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• Little Steven
    Options
    Does that include HST?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    New price on the west coast (Washington Oregon) is between $700 - $800. MBGE list is<$600 by itself. 

The nest, has a resell value of $0 for most folks (think they will build a table) while others it has value of $50, which is why BGE dealers discount them by 75% or more, setter is discounted to half price, pizza stone is not worth much if used. 

I'd think a good, no warranty price in excellent condition might be $500, maximum. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    Does that include HST?

Just saw it this afternoon - private seller.  I think he'll likely own it for a while longer since I also have watched a large in Brampton sit at $850 for many months.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• SmoothSmoke
    Options
    Does that include HST?
    What is that?

Thanks everyone for the replies.  $450 sounds fair to me. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @SmothSmoke - HST=Harmonized Sales Tax, in LS area it is 13%, in BC it is 12%. It is a combination of the Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST=5%) and the appropriate provincial sales tax (PST) - in Canada municipalities and counties cannot tax. 

He was joking, as the Horrible/Hated Sales Tax is not applied on second hand sales as they are often under the table...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    I'd pay 450 for it if I was closer.  $450 sounds very fair.  I'd ask $500 OBO and come down to 450.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    sravisstrick-where in Mobile? I'm from the Bayou
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • travisstrick
    Options

Not sure exactly. My people are from Gulf Breeze (next to pcola).

I found it on CL and my dad picked it up. Mobile seems to be the best place on earth to pick up a used egg. I saw a lg, nest and plate setter go for $300 not too long ago.
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    ahhh. I thought you lived there....
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • MikeG
    MikeG Posts: 174
    Options
    What's fair and what will motivate a prospective buyer to pull the trigger are different things.   I bought one like new, used one cook, with nest and tables for $140.   I have a Large and it's just the Wife and I in the house so I actually wrung my hands a bit before shaking the guy's hand and saying I'd take it.
  • Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Options

Mr. Smooth where are you in Calif.  MikeG good find.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Not sure exactly. My people are from Gulf Breeze (next to pcola). I found it on CL and my dad picked it up. Mobile seems to be the best place on earth to pick up a used egg. I saw a lg, nest and plate setter go for $300 not too long ago.
    Your tribe lives in fertile egg territory.  May your lump be dry and your hunt be short and your white russian be bottomless.
    I actually drink a black Mexican (I made that up)

It's kallua, tequila, and half and half.

Don't knock it till you try it. It doesn't taste like tequila at all but the heavy flavors work we'll together.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I ain't gonna knock it.  I luv tequila.  Kallua is sweet and haf n haf is full-o-fat. Made of the best stuff on earth, must be gurd.
    To be honest, it's mostly tequila and kuala. The half and half is just to keep the wife lady from accusing me of doing 24oz shots out of a tervis tumbler.
  • SmoothSmoke
    Options
    Ellis said:

Mr. Smooth where are you in Calif.  MikeG good find.

Central Coast, Monterey. 
  • Ellis
    Options
    Thanks Smooth a little to far for me, I'm in So Cal.
  • Bjorg
    Bjorg Posts: 241
    Options
    I just found an incredible deal for my best buddy: A XL with nest and shelves used twice for $600! 
    Quebec - Canada
  • SmoothSmoke
    Options
    No problem Ellis.  That's a great deal Bjorq.  That is the reason I'm going to sell the medium.  I want to get an XL. 
  • travisstrick
    Options

No problem Ellis.  That's a great deal Bjorq.  That is the reason I'm going to sell the medium.  I want to get an XL. 

Keep the med or you will regret it. You know you will :)
  • Ellis
    Options

Mr. Smooth, Travis is so RIGHT. I have a XL and want to get a Med or a Small even thoe there is just the wife and I 90% of the time.

• SmoothSmoke
    Options
    Same here Ellis, the wife and I most of the time.  I just want something bigger.  I'm not totally satisfied with the medium's dome clearance either.  Maybe a large would be sufficient, but the XL is a beast. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Same here Ellis, the wife and I most of the time.  I just want something bigger.  I'm not totally satisfied with the medium's dome clearance either.  Maybe a large would be sufficient, but the XL is a beast. 
    Whoa there. If you are thinking about taking a beating on a medium to get a larger one, many of us buy additional eggs to allow different temp cooks and a lot of other possibilities. Large/ medium is a great combo and you would probably get that done at the same as you will get by discounting your medium and applying it to the XL. Think about that before you do anything. Both your eggs would be warranteed as well.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    I have a medium, MBGE, and am considering another MBGE or a LBGE as the second cooker. For just SWMBO and me, the MBGE is perfect, does everything except two temp cooks. The more we are thinking about it, the more we have started to consider maybe a second MBGE. Two of them will handle almost all our needs, and the current accessory list fits. Also two MBGE would be just right for 90% of our two temp cooks. 

I think it will come down to the dealers price the day we walk in. 
  • woody's wood pit
    Options

Gt your XL then play with it until you know how it cooks before you sell your medium....you may be surprised at what you want...I now have four, xsl, lg, small and mini

My wife has laid down the law about the egg population at my house

(she says we will need a NEW and BIGGER home if we get any more) ...so i guess the nest is now full!

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• BigGreenBBQ
    BigGreenBBQ Posts: 109
    edited July 2013
    Options

SmoothSmoke are you still looking to sell? I just moved to Monterey and was looking to buy a med. I have an XL...

I just passed one up for $400 well equipped coming across the Country from Virginia Beach (car was too packed), but let me know.

• SmoothSmoke
    SmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    Options
    @BigGreenBBQ

Hey man!  Sorry but I sold the medium months ago.  Glad to finally see another kamado user in Monterey!   Are you in the Armed Forces?  Welcome to Monterey, hope you're enjoying it! 

• BigGreenBBQ
    BigGreenBBQ Posts: 109
    Options
    @SmoothSmoke, Yes, I am a Marine - Uncle Sam saw fit to let me get my masters degree  at NPS. We LOVE the area. Just getting settled in now and waiting for my Egg to make its way across.   When not seeing the sites I am looking for places to buy lump or Eggcessories...