Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Platesetter and temp change.

Have had the plate setter in for about 90 minutes minutes and want to take out to sauce up some turbo ribs. Would the temperature change to 12°F (-11°C) air be enough of a shock to crack this thing?
LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario

Comments

• No, I usually drop mine into the snow when I pull it out hot. Where are you at that it's that cold?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Thanks!! I'm a few hours north of Toronto. We're getting a few days of reminder that winter is coming before it warms up again this weekend.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • I'm an hour and a bit north of TO in Caledon. Whereabouts are you?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Greeno55
    In Sudbury
  • Ok. Understand. Brrrrrr!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Greeno55
    edited November 2012
    Yup. Spend a lot of time not too far from you in Brampton!! Can be quite the temp swing. >> On another note, for those who really don't care where we live. Made turbo baby backs for the first time. Usually opt for the low and slow. Based on my reading here, I went with 250° indirect for about 80 minutes, when they passed the bend test, then 10 over the fire saucing them up. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants ribs, but doesn't have 6 hours to wait. Give it a try, they're not fall off the bone by any stretch, but still quite moist, and nothing like you would expect from cooking them so fast.