Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picture of Foxy. She is a Kat.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,667
    thats odd, your cats not up in a tree
    :D

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Monstro in the treeimage

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    fishlessman that brings back memories from several years ago of you posting my friend.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    Mickey said:
    fishlessman that brings back memories from several years ago of you posting my friend.
    the old dog abe was the forum mascot for some time
    :))
    its hard to get a picture of this one thats not blurry, fastest bird dog ive ever seen
    fukahwee maine

• @Skiddymarker, this is the first giant breed I've had and he's a great dog, gentle giant is an accurate description. 

SWMBO says that the Newf doesn't smell like a dog but like smoke.  A little bourbon, some jamz on the radio and my dog while eggin' it doesn't get much better.

@Hokie_Smoker, Not sure where you hale from, but in Canada, we tell "Newfie" jokes, much the way the US has a redneck and hillbilly stereotype. Folks from Newfoundland (last province to join Canada) seem to be the brunt of their down home manner and style. Our Newf was a credit to his "heritage", he was the gentlest and the most loving dog, but just a tad shy on brains. 
    Our current Saint Bernard comes from the pot growing center of BC, Lasquite Island, a lady who is obsessed with Saints. Check out this video...

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    @skiddymarker - we have a bunch of Newfie nurses that settled down here during times of nursing shortages, according to SWMBO (and I'm guessing job shortages up der).  Yep, there are Newfie jokes here too....
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    edited November 2012
    @ Skiddymarker, my mom's husband is Canadian and he has mentioned Newfie jokes. It might be more of an indictment of my IQ but my dog seems smart to me. SWMBO & myself are also boaters so the Newf loves life on the lake. I suppose with that many Saints I guess one would have a silo filled with dog food?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• @ Skiddymarker, my mom's husband is Canadian and he has mentioned Newfie jokes. It might be more of an indictment of my IQ but my dog seems smart to me. SWMBO & myself are also boaters so the Newf loves life on

@skiddymarker - we have a bunch of Newfie nurses that settled down here during times of nursing shortages, according to SWMBO (and I'm guessing job shortages up der).  Yep, there are Newfie jokes here too....
    Not so much a shortage here as much as they could make double the money there or more. Lost a lot of good medical professionals in the last bunch of years. My wife is a nurse.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    Steven, yes, that, but also because, and I'm quoting from SWMBO, there were times of more nurses than jobs.

Nola, nice looking cat. I always hated cats growing up but my wife was a cat person and convinced me to have one. We are now on nos. 5 and 6. This one, Buster Posey, is ~18 lbs and acts like a dog. My daughter got him when the Giants got into the '10 World Series an she said if they won that was going to be his name, and so it was.
    George
  • nolaegghead
    gte1 - love big cats.  Our bengal is the "baby" (the youngest).  SWMBO and I both came from cat-hating dog families, but we somehow ended up with a pack of cats, and pound for pound, they're pure killing and lovin' machines.  Gotta admire that.  Plus, you don't have to walk them and they don't destroy your house (if you know how to raise them, plus a squirt gun helps). :D
    Yeh, my wife converted me. I agree with you about the big ones this is our 2nd in the 20lb range. If you raise them right from kittens they act a lot like dogs. And you are right pound for pound they can do some serious damage.
    George
  • We call these the Thundering Herd.  Lilah, Sammy and Peaches. Love the big dogs.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• What's on their neck?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• fishlessman
    What's on their neck?
    zap   zapp   zapppp
    fukahwee maine

• What's on their neck?
    zap   zapp   zapppp
    He's right, its a stubborn dog shock collar for our underground fence.  One good shock when they were wet and they never go near the boundry.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• My Mini Dach Dingo and my kat E.P.
    Dingo is my Eggin Buddy
    Pets.jpg 364.7K
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Ahhh. I'm a sucker for dachshunds.  I've got two miniature, long hair.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Ahhh. I'm a sucker for dachshunds.  I've got two miniature, long hair.
    I love dachsunds, we had two but lost one a couple of years ago. They are family.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • nolaegghead
    edited November 2012

Spike the cat and the rat Top

Bear Middle

Spike the dog Bottom

Your dogs sure are small - like tiny postage stamps.  Still having photo posting problemz?
    edited November 2012

Bear weighs about 140. The others are not mine. Sadly bear is taking the long trip on Friday. Best dog I have ever had. He is suffering and it just isn't fair.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    awwwww....poor bear.  We've had some big dogs, they don't live as long as the small ones.  It's just not fair.  My condolences.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    Seems like the more obnoxious the pet, the longer they live.  Hope I'm not offending anyone. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Gary,

It's gone too long already. I made him a two pound tomahawk steak last year but couldn't get over my hope that he would improve. His hips and shoulders are gone and we spent $4,000 on one of them and it didn't help. It's time

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• LS - I'm sorry to hear that about Bear, at 140#, 12 is a ripe old age. Nola's right, the big guys seem to have the 8 dog years = 1 human year life span, the little guys can get more like a 5 to 1 ratio. 

We lost our pound puppy, Kahlua - the 75# Shep/collie this past July, she was 17, so we had about 4 more years than you might expect. 

Being large, there is more there to love, although the slobber on the arms of the sofa is more love than I like to share sometimes....

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    Our good friends and neighbors on the north side of the house (vegetarians that I talk about torturing with BGE fumes) spent $17K trying to keep their pit "Piggy" alive.  They were devastated when he died - in a hotel room in NC about to get some experimental cancer treatment.